3mx3m Tarp in tent configuration dimensions? - Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jon937

Jan 30, 2021
Devon
Hi, I hope you are all well.

I have been looking into a inner to place inside a 3mx3m (DD Tarp 3x3 - Olive Green | DD Hammocks) or 3mx2.9m (DD SuperLight Tarp | DD Hammocks) tarp when in the tent configuration (3x3 Tarp Tent Door Panel. Make an ultra-light door panel for your tarp. - YouTube).

I know there are a large number of tarp tents. I am looking to keep the square/rectangle tarp as the outer, as it is so versatile.

Looking on DD's website they produce a number of mesh inners that MAY fit under this layout. I have also found XL Pyramid Inner Tent (1.5-Person Winter) Bug Net and Floor – Luxe Hiking Gear (luxe-hiking-gear.com), which seems like a better winter inner.

Please could someone lay out a tarp in the tent configuration and post the dimensions of all sides on the ground and height? As this should allow a better 3D model to try different inners with.

I look forward to your input.

Thank you and stay safe

Jon

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Hi, I've been looking to do the exact same thing. I bought this a frame inner:

It turned up a few days ago and seems well made but I've yet to try it. My reasoning for this purchase was that:
-I can use it as a simple ground sheet
-I can rig it as a full a frame under a tarp to serve as a make shift baker style set up
-I (hopefully) can rig it with the tarp set up as a tarp tent. This won't be a perfect set up but will allow for bug protection if I need it.
My other option was to get a new bivi with built in netting but this was cheaper and more versatile. Heavier though and more fiddly. I'll see how it goes.

Edit: meant to say in all of that that when I test it I'll get back to you with measurements!

Last edited:

Jon937

Jan 30, 2021
Devon
Thank you Suffolkrafter, if you could get some dimensions in the tent configuation that would be a great help.

I was looking and to use the 3mx2.9m DD superlight tarp with an 4 season inner and walking pole would still be lighter than some tents.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE