3 new knives, hot off the anvil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
The first one carries on from this thread

Overall Length: 245mm
Sharp Bit: 120mm
Handle: 120mm

The gap between the sharp bit and the brass bit: 5mm

The blade is 34mm at its widest, and 3mm thick. The sheath is part lined, and the whole lot is laced together.

Number 2 is a yew handled offering. 210mm overall, blade115mm, handle 95mm. Blade thickness is 3mm,ish.The sheath is laced together with a leather dangler type affair which terminates in an antler piece. I keep looking at the sheath and can't decide whether its a success or not! One day I think it all works, the next, I consider it a proper lash up! I'll let you guys decide!

3_1.jpg

Number three is stag handled and 260mm overall. Blade 155mm, handle105mm. Handle is stag antler, brass and leather.

3_2.jpg

3_3.jpg

There's all sorts of things that I'm not happy with, but, as the whole process is still a learning curve, I'm probably never going to be completely happy with anything that I produce. Number 3 has the connection of tang to pommel off centre, and the leatherwork, I really can't make my mind up about. Numbers 1 and 2 are veg tan, number 3 is buffalo veg tan.

So, how much are these things?

Number 1, the darker sheath and antler crown pommel is NOW TRADED

Number 2, the yew handled utility, is NOW TRADED

Number 3, with the antler and leather handle, is NOW TRADED

All prices include Paypal and delivery. (These are also offered over on BB)

I've kept the number of pictures down to avoid clogging up the system with loads of unnecessary shots, so, if anyone wants any more pictures of particular bits of any of the knives, please let me know and I'll upload them.

As usual, only offered to purchasers over the age of 18.

Last edited:

Llwyd

Forager
Jan 6, 2013
Eastern Canada
I like your style.

I like the number 3 blade and the number 1 sheath the best.

A good workin' mans knife gets used for work, it doesn't get fondled and admired. That is why we have girlfriends.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
OK, guys, these have got to go, so how about £55.00 each, delivered. They won't get any cheaper!

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
I don't know why I didn't think of adding this before, but I'm also open to trades. (I'm putting it down to a recurring senior moment, you guys can make your own minds up about that!

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
All sorts really, related to making, I should add! I don't see much of the great outdoors as I don't have AT tyres on my wheelchair! Leather thong, brass chicago screws, sam brown studs, brass rivets, brass snaps, leather, horn, antler, pretty much anything to do with making stick tangs which is what I prefer making.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE