3 man tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Or should I say 2 man and a dog :rolleyes:

Can any one recommend a 3 man tent, with a useful porch area for gear. The bell tent is just too big and too heavy to take any where unless you've got the car.

Many thanks

Dave

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Have you had a look at the Khyam range?
Vango juno tipis are good with a tarp as a porch? Guess that you are not backpacking ?
Lots of practical reviews of tents on ukcampsite site.......

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
GoLite tipis are a bit like marmite, personally I love them. I use the Shangri-La 5 with ground sheet a good deal and I think it rocks. I also have the inner tent in case of midges. The new design does have a porch area which is useful. Full range here. Note that the 3 does not have a porch area. The 5 is good for 3 people, a bit of a squeeze for 5. I actually use this tent for solo bicycle camping and love the space, I can stand up in it, get my bike inside, and it is very light - perfect. But also use it for short family trips, 2 adults and 3 little people.

If you are going somewhere consistently very windy, or high up, I'd recommend something a bit more robust. The very best are probably Hilleberg, but they are really expensive. I've used a Nano 2 on loan which was great but too small for 3. They do a well reputed 3 person, the Katium. Bloody expensive mind you. They are superbly made tents with massive porch areas.

Lower down the price scale, and well made, Terra Nova are good. I had a Duolite Tourer for a while and it was great. But again a bit small for 3. They make a popular 3 person tent, the Trispace.

Those are the ones I'd look at anyway.

Chris

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Mastino:

I really like the look of your tent. I note however that is says it's perfect for use with an open fire.

Is the material fire proof? Would hate to get spark damage to it!! If it is, I will be looking seriously at it :)

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
I just bought a vango omega 350 today, seen it in the shop and it's massive with an equally massive porch. Will be trying it soon but it looks the business

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
I also have the Vango Omega 350. It is a great little tent and the porch area is huge! I had 3 people in the sleeping area and another 2 in the porch because the porch is as big as the sleeping area. Great tent!! :)

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Mastino:

I really like the look of your tent. I note however that is says it's perfect for use with an open fire.

Is the material fire proof? Would hate to get spark damage to it!! If it is, I will be looking seriously at it :)

It's poly outer plus a kind of metallized/space blanket interior. I wouldn't bet my life on the spark resistance but what it does is to reflect heat perfectly. It's something like thefjellduken, if that's something you know...

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Nice 1 Scotty , yer tents r growing ... wis that an arab who sent u ... haa hha yesssssssssss

Lol av no got as many as you though ..... Yet. Needed a bit of room and comfort, think ma wee vango will b good for backpacking but need a bit o luxury now and again, and the ability to sit up in a tent would be nice!! :)

Luu89

Jan 16, 2011
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
And it's in Argos atm for £30!!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3402447.htm?_$ja=tsid:11527|cc:|prd:3402447|cat:sports+and+leisure+%2F+clearance+sports+and+leisure+%2F+camping+%2F

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
I like my Hilleberg Nallo 3, no problem for my girlfriend, her (rather small) dog and me. Also fine when hiking with 2 friends.
With 3 people you're okay with the gear in the vestibule but it does get a bit tight (guy in the middle sleeps with his head at the foot end).
Not cheap though, got mine with a big discount...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE