3 Little neckers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

James Popham

Dec 25, 2003
Central Croatia
Here's some little neck knives i've made whilst experimenting to find a rustic look that i like. All 3 are sandvik stainless blades, i think made by Brusletto - but i've had these ones a while without doing anything to them so memory may be at fault!
Blade length for all 3 is 6.5cm.
All the wood used was felled and collected by myself and has been seasoned for at least 2 years - some of it 4. The blades have been epoxied and in at least 1 (but can't remember which!) rubber filling has been used to ensure no movement.
These neck knives are intended for light general camp duties and a bit of carving - they're tough, but i doubt they'd survive battoning!! :yikes:

1st up is the longest of the lot at 18.5cm tip to tail - 12cm handle is 2 year seasoned Elder with bark left on, Ash bolster and some well waxed black linen thread wipping/binding just beneath.Sheath is approx 1.5mm Veg tanned Kipp side, with attatchments for neck carry. Tan finish.
Rustic.jpg
Rustic2.jpg

GONE

Lastly my favorite. 17cm, Ash bolster, brass lanyard tubing and leather toggle and silver charms - lovely grain pattern on the bolster.Nice feel in the hand. Sheath in a tan colour.
Rustic5.jpg

£37 delivered for this as i like it more. :D £35

Over 18's only please.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
nice little knives those, I particularly find the Elder appealing, its almost like a nice bit of antler in looks and most probably texture

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE