3 kukris and a 30mm rarden cannon round (inert)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
Did a bit of a clear out of some stuff at my parents house over the weekend (no they aren't dead). Had the horror of finding my dissertation from 1996, finally recovered my Hennessey Hammock been AWOL since 2015, and uncovered the following..

I believe 2 of the kukris were given to my grandad after WW2, I assume the top plane handled one and the bottom one (scabbard has 5th Gurkha Rifles badge on it), the middle one probably came from a local market.

The 30mm cannon round (inert) has a 7.62 x 51mm round next to it for scale. I think it came from a display cabinet at demolished MOD facility, it appears to be stainless steel so think it was a display piece. Its got a threaded primer pocket and is stamped 03 62 HS C.

So any ideas on the kukris? What would be a good way to clean them up and protect them? They will be kept and [ut with some other stuff from my grandad.

Reactions: santaman2000

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
So any ideas on the kukris? What would be a good way to clean them up and protect them? They will be kept and [ut with some other stuff from my grandad.
If I were you I would contact this guy for advice before you do anything that might ruin the kukris.
He does this as a professional.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
If I were you I would contact this guy for advice before you do anything that might ruin the kukris.
He does this as a professional.

As above. If they’re from the era you suspect they might well be worth more in their original state rather than “cleaned up.”

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE