3 event jackets: Rab Bergen, Montane Superfly, Craghoppers evenlite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 25, 2006
Berlin
Hi,
I would like to get a new piece of equipment: waterproof jacket.
After some reading about active membrane, I decided not to buy gore, but to buy event membrane, which should be much more efficient.
Now I can buy on of the three jackets for men with event:
Rab Bergen, Montane Superfly, Craghoppers evenlite.
All of them on the internet, so I can't compare them. The price is almost the same.
Does any of you have this jacket or perhaps even better could compare these jackets?
Do you know which one is the longest(I would prefere the longest jacket).
Can I carry moderate heavy rucksack on these jackets(15kg)?
Do you know anything about quality/durability of these jackets?
Since I want to spend about 200 euro, which is a lot for me, I would like to make a wise decision...
Thanks for your advise!!!
Bye
Marek

Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
I think some on here have the Montane. I would look most at that jacket just because they have a good rep. Sorry i don't have one myself. I'm sure someone who does will come along soon!

ian

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
hi the wife bought a event craghopper last year post summer and she wears it all the time. Just the other day we came back from walking the dogs and the beads of water were just rolling of. she wears day sacks and weekend packs quite alot and even at these rub points its still spot on. were as my goretex as just had another coating of teck wash esp needed on rub points. when it give up the ghost i will be swapping to event. When we bought the event we did a test on the breathability in the shop by pumping a cylinder with cover of fabric then a water reversoir on top the diffrence is astounding but event set this hummm!
but my money i have to say is event.. hope this has been a litlle bit of help.

Apr 25, 2006
Berlin
Thank you for your answer. I have already ordered craghoppers eventlite. But I think I will compare it with montane superfly.
Does any one of you have Rab Bergen Jacket? Is it longer or shorter than Rab Latok or Rab Latok Alpine?
Best Regards
Marek

Bodunn

Sep 20, 2005
Leicester
Hi Marillion,
I've got a Rab Latock (bought about 2 years ago) and it's great! They've come down in price a bit since I bought it which is a shame for me but good if you're thinking of getting one!
It's still very waterproof after all this time (with a bit of reproofing once a year or so) and is quite long in the back which is good as I use it on my bicyle to commute in. Not sure how it compares to the other Rab's out there though.
Very tough too as I'm not very careful with it and spends 6 months of the year in the bottom of my rucksack.
Any "breathable" jacket isn't very breathable on a bike as you generate so much heat but event is the best I've tried; I've even spent €150 on some event trousers last week, just praying for rain now.
If I lost my Latok I'd defiantely buy another one plus I've seen two TV programes about Everest where some guy's been wearing my jacket; that's a stron recomendation in my opinion.
Blimey, I go on a bit.
Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE