3 candle candlelier- experiences

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
Hi all, now I've been checking out candle lanterns like they're going out of fashion and came across the uco 3 candle jobbies, has any tried these?
I like the extra light and bit of heat they pump out but cheapest I can find is just over £40 so a fair wedge to hold your candles I know.
If I only went for a single I'd be leaning towards a bushlite over the uco from the build quality aspect, but please let me know your thoughts.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Bushlites seemed to have vanished from sale (or they had last time I looked). You would think someone in China would have come up with a similar product for just a couple of quid by now as material wise their is not much to them. I have a brass Uco after failing to find a bushlite.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
I've e-mailed the South African Bushlite website to see if they can suggest a reliable UK supplier and also enquired about the possibility of a group buy. I'll let you know what they say...

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
Thanks for all your responses, I looked a tea light version (uco micro?)in cycle surgery yest as they were on offer for about a tenner. I want some reasonable light which is why I was thinking of the three one, I know they could cost a bit to run if I used all three all the time, but gives the option for one, two or three at any time. Im moving two tilley lamps on so got a clear 45 pounds to throw at my candle stuff before swmbo raises her .........head.
Anyone actually got or had one of the three candle lanterns?

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom

I am sure I have seen a version of one of those on Aliexpress for just a couple of quid.

NB just checked and they are now about the same price as Amazon

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Camp...mping-Lamp-Outdoor-Lamp-NH-CL/1660252468.html

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE