.22 air rifle pellet mould

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GNJC

Forager
Jul 10, 2005
Carms / Sir Gar
Can anyone suggest where to get a .22 air rifle pellet mould? I remember seeing one reviewed about twenty years ago in 'Air Gunner' but I've no idea who made it; thanks for any help given.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
GNJC said:
Can anyone suggest where to get a .22 air rifle pellet mould? I remember seeing one reviewed about twenty years ago in 'Air Gunner' but I've no idea who made it; thanks for any help given.

You will probably not get one that makes "normal" pellets, more likely going to be a round ball...

Why make them? just bulk buy, a lot easier than making them...

LS

I have seen a mold, it is on my forum!;)

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
If you mean a pellet that looked very much like a solid .22 bullet head I had one that was made by a US company called L.E.M, but that was 25 years ago when i used to manage a gun shop. I have not seen one of these since, come to think of it I have'nt seen my one for nearly that long. :(

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Chopper said:
If you mean a pellet that looked very much like a solid .22 bullet head I had one that was made by a US company called L.E.M, but that was 25 years ago when i used to manage a gun shop. I have not seen one of these since, come to think of it I have'nt seen my one for nearly that long. :(

Hopefully this will take you back a few years then...

http://upload4.postimage.org/1856555/photo_hosting.html

LS

Big Steve

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2006
Gloucester
Yes... LEM Moulds was run, if I remember corectly, by Mr L. E. McGuire who lived 'oop t'north' in Lancashire somewhere, not in the US as had been mentioned. He produced both ball and 'Spitzer' (i.e. bullet-shaped) scissor-type pellet moulds for various calibres of air weapons. I still have ones in .177, .22, .25 and .30 calibre which I bought many years ago and which still produce all my ammunition at minimal cost. I may still have the receipts so could probably find the address if you wanted to write. The spitzer moulds produced excellent ammo, but they needed a 12ft lbs air rifle ( or + (FAC)) to make best use of them because of their weight. However, Mr McGuire had retired by the time I bought my last mould and he only made it for me out of kindness. I seem to recall that his son told me that he would not be carrying on the business and the fact that no more has been heard from LEM Moulds since then seems to corroborate this. Sad to say that I know of no other company in the UK who now produces airgun ammo moulds, though someone will undoubtedly prove me wrong!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE