2021 Summer BushMoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Steam-Tent-Corner.jpg

I'll be there again.

Hoping "Steampunk" will still be the NC theme.

Reactions: MrEd and bigbear

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
If I get a working vaccine in time I'll be there too. Will have to wait until a bit nearer the time to confirm though.
I haven't unpacked from last year yet, so I'm all set and ready! :)

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
The family has had covid, Sam is desperate to go. Will most certainly be there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Hoping to make it. But a lot has changed since last time! Even if I come along on my own, hope to be there.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
ha ha, the social pressure is building!!

We'll do what we can to make it happen. Because of the unpredictability of what we'll be ale to do there, if it will be allowed to happen etc it may well be a toned down event, minimised when it comes to workshops and organised activities, we'd still have them if possible but getting commitments etc of off people seems unfair in light of the situation.

But, it will still be camping, still be fun, we'll learn from each other, have a laugh, eat together (if the rules allow) and all that makes the Moot so amazing.

Missed you all this past year odd, we'd be coming up for the Winter Moot soon if it hadn't been cancelled :( But there will be other Winter Moots! and plenty of other opportunities and I'm looking forward to them:bigok:

Reactions: Diamond Dave

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Yeah we just realised that last year the in-laws asked when we would be away. Thinking the moot would be a week later, both kids are away and the wife has booked a spa day right in the middle, so it may just be me, which is a shame as Sam as very much looking to catching up with Woody, Harrison and Felix.

We are still seeing if we can move the dates of the other booking as the scout Germany trip might not happen, in which case at least Sam and I will go.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Feb 5, 2012
Brighton
I've never been to Bushmoot, and the family would love to come. How firm are the plans for this year's event? I couldn't find any updates on the website.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well, there's a firm desire to put the event on and the site is booked and deposit paid so, from that respect the plans are firm. From last years experience we know that as firm as that is it's far from a definite and all will depend on the Welsh government rules and whether they make it tenable or not.

I'm taking the opportunity to redo the BushMoot site which is why there's no update on there, it will be updated at the beginning of March.

In reality it will be a scaled back Moot activity wise, we can't commit people to workshops etc for an event that might not happen. If we have to social distance it's unlikely to happen as a couple hundred odd people would struggle with that.

I think we might end up with a mainly camping Moot, some workshops, communal meal and trading stuff and lots of fun and laughter while having space and time to practice skills or just take it easy.

When it comes to tickets, I'll leave opening booking as late as I can, it costs me money to refund people and I want to be fairly sure it can proceed before committing to that risk.

Hope all that makes sense? This year or next, whenever we're back into the swing of things I'm sure you're family will love it, many others do!

Cheers
T

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE