2018 aluminium arrows?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Does anyone know any archery shops in the UK that stock 2018 aluminium arrow shafts?

They're about the only thing that flies out one of my bows and I have to send to the states for them at the moment. I've tried quicks, bowsports, border and merlin archery.

Sending away from them isn't too big a deal but they take a few weeks to arrive and I could do with some for next week to make up a round dozen, hadn't realised how many I'd destroyed since discovering judo points:rolleyes:.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Cheers:), I'll give them a bell in the morning, worth a go.
Distance is fine, I've time for mail order and making them up.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
No joy anywhere.
Going to pick up a set of tapered cedars from Border, but just as an impulse buy because I didn't realise they sold them and haven't tried tapered shafts before.

Wierd that there's a gap in what's available. 2117s are close but no cigar and 2213's fly well but bend just looking at them:rolleyes:.

sploing

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
Have a try on www.altservices.com they stock most stuff and will order what they don't stock. I wou;dn't recommend quick's though, they tend to be very expensive.
Is it essential to have aluminiums? I'm sure you could find a superior carbon/aluminium arrow or if you're after width try something like Easton X7's or another all carbon arrow.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
It was for this weekend I needed them and got away with just doubling up rounds of half a dozen.:)
Targetcraft got in touch to say they could order them in but I'd already just ordered some more(and a big pile of judo points which are crazy money in the UK for some reason).

Is it essential to have aluminiums? I'm sure you could find a superior carbon/aluminium arrow or if you're after width try something like Easton X7's or another all carbon arrow.

Would like to try ACCs but a bit scared to in case I like them. Was only after a few to get back to the right side of a dozen again. If I started down a new path it'd be a dozen new ones(and another half dozen spare:rolleyes: ), then I'd still want to make up the numbers of 2018s just on principle, even if I wasn't using them.:banghead:

sploing

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
Tough call. I've not shot for a while now but I always really liked ACC's or ACEs when I had the money and got great results from them too. I suppose it all comes down to preference. Are you a recurver or have you gone to the dark side?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE