2015 DD group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevied

Dec 15, 2010
East Riding
After spending the day wondering if it's going to turn up the Mrs said it turned up this morning (she left it until I had to leave for work!) Thank you for organising this!

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Thanks sandbag

Got in from work after 5 hours crawling up and down the M1 and M42 to Birmingham to find the parcel waiting

Very happy bunny just wish I had some trees to go and hang the hammock in so I can practice

John

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Talked wife into allowing me to set up in the garden.

fd8f0e2015d7bf36a8fe2b4423705d6d.jpg

8dd643cf89f62f7d9daa5886bec880de.jpg

How do I get her out now?

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Must admit I am thinking of setting some posts to allow me to hang the hammock. Until then I might try the corner post of our brick wall to the multi swing to hang it from.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Guys your all welcome.
It surprises Nick and me how this DD group buy just gets bigger and bigger. Thank you guys for being apart of it.
See some of you at the moot where I will happily share a beer, but not to many. I don't want to have to apologise to Tony again :)
Wish my Ghillie Kettle GB was this big :)
But like I was told I think I've sold them to everyone already :)

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Nope didn't work. Dropped off bit woke freezing. Don't think either was quite man to do the job and my sleeping bag was in the loft so snuck inside.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
What was the temp last night?
I played with the top quilt inside, but was too warm, so went back to the ordinary house quilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
according to the local weather station it was 10'C "feels like 7'C" - amen to that, it certainly did. The wind was tunnelling through.

I setup in the light and did my best to get the underblanket setup correctly. This is my third underblanket. The first was 3/4 and just wasn't long enough to usefully work in winter conditions. I can't stand cold shoulders or cold feet! The 2nd is UKHammocks (Matt) home made one - but it doesn't have as many securing tabs, so I thought for the money I'd try the DD one!

There's no instructions in the pack, so it was somewhat guesswork. I got the wife to sit in it and I ran my hands under to make sure it was just sprung under and not too tight against the body. When I got in, it was very toasty. Initially after I settled I had problems with my feet -the top blanket felt breezy. So eventually I checked and found the pull chord. It felt better, but after a while my feet cramped (I'm 6ft 4ish, so at the limits of the equipment). I got warm and my feet were definitely warming up. I'm not sold on the open foot end at the moment.

I definitely dropped off though it was a broken hours sleep as we're close to an airport, there was a lot of noise so I stuck in my earplugs. I'm pretty sure at one point I woke up myself up with a snore. At about 11pm I got woken a 2nd time by a loud BANG in the garden. Think a cat may have misjudged a leap onto the BBQ! At this point I realised I was freezing cold and the nice warmth from the underblanket was gone. I checked it, but it all seemed fine. I suspect it may not have been quite tight enough against my body and perhaps a small draught was running underneath.

I got up with the intention of grabbing a sleeping bag and making my way back, but having traipsed inside, I decided to knock it on the head and try again another time. It's still up, perhaps I'll try again tonight after further adjustments.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE