2 Person Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 27, 2006
Kent
Hi all,

I am hoping you can help me. I am looking for a 2 person camping hammock and cant seem to find one for love nor money. While i like the hennesy expiditions i am not allowed it because it isnt 2 person. The only one i have managed to find is a Bush pro pod but they dont seem to exists anymore. Can anyone help?

Thanks very much
Jon

directdrive

Forager
Oct 22, 2005
USA
For heaven's sake, why do you want one? You, and whomever else is in the darned thing will be on top of one another all night........Make sure she's a looker!

Best, Bruce

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
jon743 said:
Hi all,

I am hoping you can help me. I am looking for a 2 person camping hammock and cant seem to find one for love nor money. While i like the hennesy expiditions i am not allowed it because it isnt 2 person. The only one i have managed to find is a Bush pro pod but they dont seem to exists anymore. Can anyone help?

Thanks very much
Jon

I got my pro pod from Ebay, but as they don't come up very often you might want to check out these.

http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/double-nest-hammock.html

Jul 27, 2006
Kent
Thanks for the welcome. I am afraid this is me following orders. As much as I adore my wife she does make buying any equipment very difficult sleeping bags also have to be twin :( Its not good when your all geared up to get a woodlore one and then told no. On the other hand if i get the hammock and the hooker i dont suppose i would have that problem any longer :)

Thanks for the link glen. That looks pretty good actually. I will have to have a think about that one.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
The two person hammock I own has shorter longitudinal strings in the middle to kind of keep the people separate(to some extent anyway).
I bought it years ago thinking that it would just be a bigger hammock, have higher sides and I would have less chance of falling out of it :eek:

Trust me on this one, it's crap.

I think I bought it from Survival Aids near Penrith and its one of the stringy ones with a metal loop at either end.

If you pay the postage you can have the one I own but after a night in it the missus will have come round to your way of thinking anyway and you will want shot of it.

Regards Scott.

And theres no way on earth that you want to be in a double sleeping bag in a double hammock either :eek:

Jul 27, 2006
Kent
Thanks for the offer. I think I will take you up on it. Worst case scenario she will come around like you say.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
I've heard the mayas used to always sleep in hammocks, and couples slept in one together. Maybe worth searching which kind of hammocks they had and how they lied in it.... Maybe some still do in south america..

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
jon743 said:
Thanks for the offer. I think I will take you up on it. Worst case scenario she will come around like you say.

I think I am going to watch Barbon hillclimb tomorrow so it will be next week before I can post it.
I have your address now so will get round to it though.

Regards Scott.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Y,know, people, I probably shouldnt, but I find this thread very amusing for its knockabout/slapstick, potential :D

I have problems actually getting aboard my hammock.
Granted, its only a sunning rig and made of string net, so , a half-hour in that thing and you come out , looking like a ,well singed, waffle.

But, its the getting in and out , I find just too much of a rodeo ,and nearly always ends with a heavy thud.
The very idea of contemplating 2 people trying to board, well, thats just got to be something from a Buster Keaton comedy.

Great stuff! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ceeg

Mr_Yarrow

Forager
May 16, 2005
UK, Hertfordshire
Seagull said:
Y,know, people, I probably shouldnt, but I find this thread very amusing for its knockabout/slapstick, potential :D

I have problems actually getting aboard my hammock.
Granted, its only a sunning rig and made of string net, so , a half-hour in that thing and you come out , looking like a ,well singed, waffle.

But, its the getting in and out , I find just too much of a rodeo ,and nearly always ends with a heavy thud.
The very idea of contemplating 2 people trying to board, well, thats just got to be something from a Buster Keaton comedy.

Great stuff! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ceeg

Your not the only one there mate :D

I have the added image of them getting into their twin sleeping bag and attempting to get into the hammock like a giant drunk catipillar :lmao:

Rgds

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I got the Speer Hammock newsletter today and it talks about couples in hammocks. The solution they recommend is two separate hammocks slung between the same two trees. they way you are in your own hammock etc but still resting against each other. The theory being you are aware of the others movements etc but not overly disturbed by them.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Having just spent my first night ever in a hammock I can at least relate to this discussion Also I am married of 26 years standing next week.

A double hammock could be set up in any number of ways theoretiically - side by side, end to end, stacked like bunk beds to name just a few. It might be fair to assume that side by side is intended in this discussion though. Now, if you have just a material hammock, however wide you would certainly be thrown together and one would need both to be happy with somewhat enforced close intimate contact all night. However, it comes to mind that if there was a rigid flattened surface laid on the hammock then one would potentially get back the feel of a double bed with the added swing of the hammock. Now in this scenario if you both laid the traditional longwise direction then I wonder if it might be somewhat unstable and tip you out. However, if you were to arrange it so that you both laid crossways or at 90 degrees to the line between the end supports then it might prove both stable and allow the option of being separate as well as together.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE