2 knives for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I would like to sell these two knives I made:

This one is 210mm long, the blade is 100mm long, 30mm wide in 3 mm 01 tool steel. the handle is reclaimed mahogany with a lovely ripple effect, the photos don't really do it justice. The sheath is made of 3mm veg tan leather from Le Prevo. SOLD

I am asking £65 for each knife including special delivery(next day, uk only) and paypal fee! Anywhere else, at cost.

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

This second one is also 3mm 01 tool steel, 210mm long, the blade is 95mm long and 28mm wide. The handle is Rosewood. The sheath is 3mm veg tan from Le Prevo.

DSCN0187.jpg

DSCN0186.jpg

DSCN0182.jpg

Reactions: bushwacker bob

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
oops, sorry, Nightwalker, that did not look very clear :rolleyes: £65 each, inc. special next day delivery, in the uk and even the paypal fee!! A bargain, I am sure :D

Reason for selling them?

I would like to buy one of these:
AS408_xl.jpg

to help me make one of these:
no4big.jpg

Got the bug now!!! :D

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
jojo said:
One knife sold. One to go. Any takers? :D Come on, you know it makes sense!!!! :You_Rock_
Very nice work mate but your prices are too low ;) .

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
jojo said:
oops, sorry, Nightwalker, that did not look very clear :rolleyes: £65 each, inc. special next day delivery, in the uk and even the paypal fee!! A bargain, I am sure :D

Reason for selling them?

I would like to buy one of these:
AS408_xl.jpg

What is that beast called?

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
Snufkin said:
Very nice work mate but your prices are too low ;) .

thanks snufkin.. Yes they are a bit low, aren't they.. I suppose I had not made them specifically to be sold, and they helped me to relearn skills long forgotten, I trained as a tool maker over 35 years ago. So when I get my sticky fingers on that belt grinder, I'l start to build my knife making empire ;) , i'll put the prices up...They'll be collectors items then!!! Better buy now while inexpensive....... :rolleyes:

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
jojo said:
thanks snufkin.. Yes they are a bit low, aren't they.. I suppose I had not made them specifically to be sold, and they helped me to relearn skills long forgotten, I trained as a tool maker over 35 years ago. So when I get my sticky fingers on that belt grinder, I'l start to build my knife making empire ;) , i'll put the prices up...They'll be collectors items then!!! Better buy now while inexpensive....... :rolleyes:
35 years ago? Doesn't look like you've forgotten very much :) .
It's a nice looking sander. I did use a handheld one bolted to my workmate upside down but it made too much noise. Now I hog off some of the metal with an angle grinder and then just file it.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Sorry to hijack the thread but I checked out that sander and also like the look of the cheaper one (£60) on the Axminster website:

CCBDS46_xl.jpg

Theres even a version with a narrow belt sander for £40!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
Zammo said:
Sorry to hijack the thread but I checked out that sander and also like the look of the cheaper one (£60) on the Axminster website:

CCBDS46_xl.jpg

Theres even a version with a narrow belt sander for £40!

I have had a Perform bandsaw for 3 or 4 years now and I have been quite happy with it. The motors are less powerful but perfectly adequate for most hobby use. I am just after something a bit more solid!

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
jojo,

Knife came today and it looks and feels fantastic :You_Rock_

I know it sounds very corny but the pics just don't do it justice. The handle seems to sparkle as if it's flecked with gold :eek:

Can't wait to start playing with it at the weekend.

I showed it to my sidekick in the office and it blew him away! He said "if felt like a knife should" :p

Thanks

Andy

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
I am pleased you like it Andy. I rescued that particular piece of mahogany from a bonfire pile some while ago when I worked in a boatyard! Pity, it's all gone now :( I also found a piece of rippled Oak recently, that will end up as knife handle material as well!
AndyW said:
jojo,

Knife came today and it looks and feels fantastic :You_Rock_

I know it sounds very corny but the pics just don't do it justice. The handle seems to sparkle as if it's flecked with gold :eek:

Can't wait to start playing with it at the weekend.

I showed it to my sidekick in the office and it blew him away! He said "if felt like a knife should" :p

Thanks

Andy

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Jojo,

I'm surprised there have been no takers for the second knife :confused:

Mine is great. Used it a little past couple of weekends and it has felt as good in use as it looks.

Thanks and good luck with evil bay!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE