2/3 man tent wanted weight not an issue but must be robust

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
As above.

Anyhting considered from old Force 10s to modern stuff.

Not worried about weight as this is going to be a "car camper" however it must be robust!

Something like this would be ideal

Loads to trade and reddies to make up any difference

Regards

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I have a tipi I use, it is just not always practical.

"Sent from the back of beyond using new fangled technology"

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Interested in a North Face Starburst 2/3 man tent? Comes with footprint and loft net. No holes or damage. It is dark green and is now called the tadpole I believe.

Blurb here:
It is a three pole geodesic, 2.6kg, Packed size: 53 x 18cm, Poles: shock-corded alloy
Materials: outer - ripstop nylon with silicone elastomer coating; inner - ripstop nylon with Scotchguard coatings; groundsheet - taffeta nylon with PU and Scotchguard coatings
Internal dimensions: length - 224cm; width - 137cm; max height - 109cm

Built to withstand tough use and wild sites. As with all of these designs of tents it is pitched inner tent first. But to make the task easier you get continuous sleeves to thread the poles through. A slight tweak to the shape of the pole ends means that they lock into the eyelets around the base more securely. This prevents them flicking out, just as you are about to locate the opposite end into its eyelet. With the three poles in place and the inner taking shape, it's then a case of tossing the flysheet over the top and securing it to the base. To make this phase easier you get adjustable webbing straps to hook over the pole ends, so you can adjust the tension of the fly after pitching. This certainly made pitching easier and is a welcome modification to the tent. The tent is very stable, but then all three-pole geodesic designs are. You get one entrance, and the outer doors can be opened from the bottom or either side. Behind the outer doors there's a spacious porch that takes a couple of rucksacks, but not a lot else. The doors to the inner tent have the mozzy net fitted to the outside. This is the ideal design as it allows you to control airflow without opening the mozzy net door, thereby keeping the bugs out at all times. Space inside the inner tent is good and it is particularly wide with excellent headroom at the front, although it tapers down sharply towards the rear.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Yes interested, you have pm

"Sent from the back of beyond using new fangled technology"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE