1st Thanksgiving @ New Home

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thank you to everyone for your kind comments.

Boatman, whatever holiday you choose to celebrate, I hope you have a very good one and enjoy it with family and close friends.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I have to say, I really like the idea behind "Thanksgiving". To give thanks or what you have rather than greedily anticipate more "stuff" seems a great idea for a celebration - and perhaps one we should emulate?
We've started it backwards, we now have black friday to celebrate mass stupidity, to get the general public to accept 2 turkey meals a year is pushing it. I don't quite understand why its thanks giving to God when it was actually the(former) local indiginous people who bailed them out and deserve the gratitude.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My understanding (possibly flawed) was that thanksgiving was more "secular" and was about expressing thanks for exactly things like the help given by the native Americans.

As you say though Sean, the greedy and avaricious are always with us - contemptible though they are.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That sounds grand. I don't think it really registers around here - it must be a city thing. I had my day shooting last Monday, so I was cooking :)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
He loved it; well, both of us did. We had a crisp, cold morning with no wind, so it was easy enough to detect movement in the tree tops. He's gotten fairly proficient with his grandma's 20 gauge as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE