1st prototype sheath :)

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Made this as a first try / prototype..... needs a lot of detail work but i like the general idea :)

sheath2.jpg

sheath1.jpg

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Not bad at all Robbi. :)

What happened with the bit thats not taken dye? Bit of glue?

Bit of advice mate, don't run the stitching all the way to the top, stop it a few mm before :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I think it's one of those rodgers of Sheffield daggers. Probably have a 4mm blade, and the sheath a 3 or 3.5mm welt so it'll get a good friction fit. :)

I stand to be corrected by Robbi though :)

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Of course nowadays it would be totally illegal, but I've often thought a small, sharp dagger kept in the boot would be an incredibly effective weapon of last resort.

Certainly daggers of one sort or another, worn in the boot, are found in exactly that role in cultures throughout the world.

Anyway I'm derailing your thread so I'll shut up.

Mar 14, 2012
uk
any chance you could either post here of pm me a shot of the knife as i believe it is the exact same knife as one of my mums knives
my mums just has stamped on the blade MADE IN SHEFFIELD ENGLAND on one side and on the other WILLIAM RODGERS ICUTMYWAY i think it said icutmyway but am not quite sure as it has a slight tarnish/stain there. could you tell me if your blade has any thing stamped into it and if so what :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE