1975 Mors videos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not sure if these have been put up before but I've just come across them ...

[video=youtube;Xr5cHJHE6nA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr5cHJHE6nA[/video]

[video=youtube;S6PR6tGvUHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6PR6tGvUHw&feature=related[/video]

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
I was going to make a thread about this but I will post my opinions here, does anybody notice anything about these videos, like how he uses a parachute for shelter on his courses, The other day I picked up his book and kept on opening it on random pages and noticed something, I've seen Ray use all of these techniques, Mors' book was published when Ray was young,
Most people see Ray as a very high figure in Bushcraft as if he developed a most of the skills he shows,
I think that Mors is the original and Ray learned from him but nobody seems to give Mors the credit he deserves.
Ray got to the T.V. first.
I think that Mors should start his own show as he's got so much more information to offer than we see such as the flip flop winch which I had never seen before until I saw it on Wayland site!
Just a thought I had :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
On the contrary, I think we all know and appreciate what Mors has done and his history. All the skills Ray has learned had to be learned from somewhere.. aboriginal tribesmen, hunter gatherers, Lofty Wiseman, Mors K, Samuel Hearne etc etc, the list is endless.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I was going to make a thread about this but I will post my opinions here, does anybody notice anything about these videos, like how he uses a parachute for shelter on his courses, The other day I picked up his book and kept on opening it on random pages and noticed something, I've seen Ray use all of these techniques, Mors' book was published when Ray was young,
Most people see Ray as a very high figure in Bushcraft as if he developed a most of the skills he shows,
I think that Mors is the original and Ray learned from him but nobody seems to give Mors the credit he deserves.
Ray got to the T.V. first.
I think that Mors should start his own show as he's got so much more information to offer than we see such as the flip flop winch which I had never seen before until I saw it on Wayland site!
Just a thought I had :)

WW2 aircrew were taught to use their parachutes to make shelters and sleeping bags so I guess Mors picked that up from someone;) Ray always say how much he has learnt from local people and tradition so anyone who thinks Ray is taking all the credit obviously has not seen his shows.

Yep the vids have been linked before but are well worth downloading IMHO.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE