1950's Essex hand crank sewing machine F/S

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I've decided to sell my 1950's Essex hand crank sewing machine to aid my Bulgaria funds.
You can read all about the machine here. This guy has one for sale for over £50.

This is the machine that thousands of mums bought just after the war, after rationing but before mass produced clothes. There's many a dress been run up from an old pair of curtains on one of these.

Anyway, the one I'm flogging is in immaculate condition, with the original box, original instructions and guarantee card. Here's some photos.

sm-sew007.JPG

sm-sew002.JPG

sm-sew003.JPG

sm-sew004.JPG

sm-sew005.JPG

sm-sew006.JPG

sm-sew001.JPG

It's a very handy little machine for odd jobs where you don't want to get the big electric machine out, or where you have no access to power. I've used it to sew canvas, cloth and thin leather. Also there is no shuttle with this type of machine as it sews with a chain stitch, so no constantly stopping and starting to refill the shuttle.

Sorry to let this machine go, but needs must.
I'm asking £30 for this which includes Paypal fees. Postage will be £6.50 in addition. SOLD

Thanks for looking

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE