150 mile Meindl Burma Pro MFS update/ HTC HD2 Smartphone Camera test (Pic Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
hi there, sorry for the long title but i hope it depicts an accurate picture of the thread.

Anyhow, ive had my lovely pair of Burma's for around 150 miles.

Since i bought these boot i have been blown away by the instant comfort out of the box and the build quality of Meindl.

I have these thoughts about these boots:

1) i have narrowish skinny feet in size 10 and these boots really adapt well to my feet, no doubt to the memory foam system (MFS)
2) The leather is of oustanding quality (nubuck)
3)The standard insole has an outstandimg quality of keeping your feel dry/sweatfree but at the same time being very hard to the heel. In the images below i show a cheap non standard insole, very comfy indeed.
4) These boots are sold at Blacks for £190 but i was able to find these at £130ish on ebay. SHOP AROUND!
5) The metal lace hoops are very strong and cannot be bent by finger force.
6) Lacing system really pulls boot into centre of ankle
7) I have never worn "real walking socks" or thick socks in these boots. I have only worn cheap 10 pack jumbo cheapo socks in these and have never a "hot spot" or any irratation. I have attched a picture of my blister i obtained from British Army phase 1 training to show how vunerable i am to them!

i have had my phone for over 24 months now and have been playing around with using the camera for close up work, all pictures from my username are taken by this incredible phone. Its the HTC HD2 for the record.

Enjoy the pics, please reply with your questions/feelings/experiences

IMAG1164.jpg

IMAG1165.jpg

IMAG1166.jpg

IMAG1167.jpg

IMAG1168.jpg

IMAG1169.jpg

IMAG1170.jpg

IMAG1171.jpg

IMAG1172.jpg

IMAG1173.jpg

IMAG1174.jpg

IMAG1175.jpg

IMAG1176.jpg

IMAG1177.jpg

IMAG1178.jpg

IMAG1179.jpg

Im sorry you have to see this but this is after 2 weeks British Army combat boots and those cheap nylon socks.

IMAG0829.jpg

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Has your blister cleared up yet ?, hope so. The boots are great, i have the non-gortex version(Burma's ?) & like you found them great straight out of the box.

My son did his basic training a year ago, & he used sport socks & had no problem with his boots.

Rob

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Has your blister cleared up yet ?, hope so. The boots are great, i have the non-gortex version(Burma's ?) & like you found them great straight out of the box.

My son did his basic training a year ago, & he used sport socks & had no problem with his boots.

Rob

yes that picture is from jan/feb time earlier this year.

i pondered about getting the non goretex version, i like the feel of the gore, very soft

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I'd fancied the gore version, as i'd never had any before, but the only size they had that fit was the non-gore, so problem solved. But having said that my 18yr old zamberlans wer'nt gore & they never gave me a problem.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE