Meindl Super Perfekt Arctic boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Hello all.

For your consideration, possibly the ultimate footwear for Arctic conditions, the Meindl Super Perfekt.

These are boots for VERY cold conditions, they feature a very stiff sole and are designed to be used with crampons, snow shoes and old style skis. These boots are quite heavy (1300g ish) because of the quantity of insulation and leather used in their construction.

Swiss leather uppers, leather lining, Vibram sole, these are part of the Meindl hand made 'double stitched' range. In Meindl's boot classifications these are 'D' class boots which marks them as one of the roughtiest and toughtiest boots they sell.

I have worn these boots while ice fishing on a frozen lake in Arctic Sweden, whereas all of my team mates couldn't feel their toes after an hour my feet remained nice and warm.

These boots would be too warm for use in the UK in all but the very worst conditions but will serve anyone planning a trip to the European or Canadian Arctic well.

These are labelled as a UK 10.5 however they fit my normally size 11 feet with room to comfortably wear thick woollen socks.

These boots are in excellent condition, they were purchased for a month long course/expedition in Arctic Sweden and since then were worn once for a three day period last winter, they are just too warm for these climes.

I have treated the leather each year with nikwax. All stitching is good, the soles are in good order although you can see some slight wear on the outside of each heel.

I haven't found a UK supplier for these and do not think they are imported here, I purchased mine in Vienna. Current pricing averages out at about £230 including postage.

This is my second attempt to find a home for these here and will let them go for £60 to someone who will pay by bank transfer. Delivery to the UK mainland or Northern Ireland IS INCLUDED.

You can read some reviews of these boots here.
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/meindl/super-perfekt/

P1070001.JPG

P1070002.JPG

P1070003.JPG

P1070004.JPG

P1070005.JPG

P1070006-001.JPG

P1070007-001.JPG

P1070008-001.JPG

P1070009-001.JPG

P1070010.JPG

First PM secures.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Thorgrim

Dec 12, 2015
London
Thanks Sandbender for these lovely boots. Just recieved them in the post yesterday . Really appreciate the great communication and fast postage. I have already put a new coat of wax on them and worn them down to Waitroes when getting milk this morning. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE