15-17 Nov Steadhall Wood between Otley and Ilkley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Sorry to hear about the family bereavement fellers.

I'm glad you can both make it.

Let's see if it will be 3rd time lucky and Tom doesn't drop your supper this time :D

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Yes I too would like to offer my condolences. I know the pain you are going through as my Mum died on the 30th. Even though she had been in a home for a couple of years it still came as a shock and was very upsetting.

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
Cheers guys things are getting back to normal again.Sorry to hear about your mum Ian its a tough time for you as well. Hopefully we can enjoy the next meet together. Adz its Micks turn to be the cook so it looks like cold compo rations for us. Lets hope you dont attract any squatters in November Haha:lmao:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Cheers guys things are getting back to normal again.Sorry to hear about your mum Ian its a tough time for you as well. Hopefully we can enjoy the next meet together. Adz its Micks turn to be the cook so it looks like cold compo rations for us. Lets hope you dont attract any squatters in November Haha:lmao:

lol, still cant believe that. So funny that nobody took you seriously then kit turns up with 2 strangers after going back to his pitch for a tinnie :D

Really looking forward to this now. Going to be trying out my pocket duo tent instead of hammocking for a change.

Kit (copper_head) and myself will be bedroll and tarp jobs this meet so look out for the 2 lads freezing their nuts off or sharing a long fire :D

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Sounds like this is shaping up to be another good meet.

flyfisher
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
ADz-1983
digitracker
Leedsbrew
Elen Sentier
resnikov
Bigbear
Copperhead
Black Sheep
Juggernaut
Mountainm
Badger74 + 2 kids (work permitting)
Tonyge
Bluffer
Pygmy
Paullyfuzz
Chiseller
Neanderthal + Kathryn

Think I'll be one of the Daniel Boon types, the wife can have the Gucci kit. :cool:

I'll be bringing a few bow drill sets if anyone is interested in friction fire lighting.

Cheers
Stu

Just bang the rocks together guys!

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Sounds like this is shaping up to be another good meet.

Think I'll be one of the Daniel Boon types, the wife can have the Gucci kit. :cool:

I'll be bringing a few bow drill sets if anyone is interested in friction fire lighting.

Cheers
Stu

Just bang the rocks together guys!

Hi Stu, Glad to hear you can make it and joining us on the traditional style outing :D

I'm very interested in having a go with a bow drill bud, much appreciated :)

JohnnyB

Jul 26, 2013
York
My son Max (madmax) and I would very much like to join you guys, may even be Max's older brother Alex (I can think of a few monickers for him but not that I can share on here!). Max and I attended this year's Bushmoot and loved every minute, keen to get involved with a Yorkshire group as we live in York. We are likely to come along some time on Saturday morning, I can offer a lift to anyone near York (assuming we don't take all the usual container load of kit we seem to have to pack, kitchen sink etc) both to and from, I don't mind providing lifts from and to the station too.

I'll bring along the bow and drill kits we were given at the Bushmoot too, the more the merrier, although I am keen to forage for my own so it feels all proper like.

flyfisher
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
ADz-1983
digitracker
Leedsbrew
Elen Sentier
resnikov
Bigbear
Copperhead
Black Sheep
Juggernaut
Mountainm
Tonyge
Bluffer
Pygmy
Paullyfuzz
Chiseller
Neanderthal + Kathryn
JohnnyB
MadMax
Alex

Apart from stuff needed to sustain ourselves for the weekend, anything else that you want bringing?

Looking forward to meeting you all,

JB

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Johnny b. Fence mending tools, hammer and pliers also a spade for ditch cleaning duties

We are going to put a lid on numbers for this meet. As the top end of the site it is a bit damp, needs the drainage ditches clearing. I am sorry if this means anyone is left out, but there will be another rmeet in January.

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Good Call, I'm sure folk can appreciate its not an anti-social thing and that its for the good of the wood and its habitants including us.

Perhaps a. Reserve list for late interests?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I'l put my name for the reserve list please,

Tartan ferret

Wanderinstar
ADz-1983
digitracker
flyfisher
Leedsbrew
Elen Sentier
resnikov
Bigbear
Copperhead
Black Sheep
Juggernaut
Mountainm
Tonyge
Bluffer
Pygmy
Paullyfuzz
Chiselle + Sue and poss Jnr.
Neanderthal + Kathryn
JohnnyB
MadMax
Alex
tartanferret

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE