14 or 16cm zebra can?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I need to get a bigger billy can than my 12cm one as I will be going away with another 4 mates next weekend who don't have campfire cooking stuff.
I need a billy can that will cook enough rice for 5 blokes after a days canoeing (I have a pot for the curry already). I am just not sure weather to go for the 14cm which has a capacity of 2.5 litres or the 16cm which has a capacity of 3.5 litres.

Any thoughts from any of you guys who have experience with the larger size billy cans

Thanks Phil

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hello Phil, Nothing worse than cooking a meal for a party of people and you run out of food on the first boil and then have to start over again :headbang:. IMO i would go for the larger 16cm billy.If you have 5 hungry mates i doubt there will be leftovers. Regards.

Darren

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Get both then you're covered for all eventualities :rolleyes:

But what Darren said is true. I've got a 14cm zebra billy and I wouldn't say it's at all big enough for cooking with for 5 people so if one is the only option then go for the 16cm

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Well the new 16cm pot is on its way, so I thought I would spend some time this afternoon whittling a bigger spoon so I can reach the bottom of the pot when stirring

Attachments

• P1010518.jpg
    P1010518.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 10

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE