11-11-11

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
To all our past and present serving members - thank you for your service.

2561530173_58d435562d_o.jpg

Lest we forget

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Absolutely agree...I shudder sometimes imagining the mixture of fear these guys experienced and the courage that had to be found to move forward. Respect..
Edit...I should make clear that this applies in current conflicts as well as the massive scale which occurred in past years

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
A Polish colleague mentioned this morning that today is a public holiday there, in celebration of their independence gained at the end of the war.
Apparently that was the third such partition due to their being stuck between Russia, Germany and Austro-Hungary.

Every day is a school day!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
can we include the fallen soldiers from all fronts/sides of WWI, please? i do*nt think they suffered any less then the british...

I generally am thinking about the fallen of all sides, the civilian populations too.

My kids have grandparents and great grandparents who were shooting at each other in both world wars.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
I attended the Remembrance assembly at my daughter's junior school today. A serene, respectful and humbling experience. She read "In Flanders Field" and I am proud to say there were tears in my eyes for the sincerity with which all the children undertook this event. Our children now know so much more about this day now and I am so proud of that.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Whats the acceptable timeframe to wear the poppy for? Is it ok to wear one after sunday? How long for?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I think technically you're supposed to put it by a graveside today. Not sure if thats a rule... just what I was told growing up. Wear it until the 11th, then place it by a grave or memorial.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Today, being the 11th, is the last day for wearing the poppy. According to the memo I got; other conventions may apply, but this one makes sense to me.

Claudiasboris

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I think technically you're supposed to put it by a graveside today. Not sure if thats a rule... just what I was told growing up. Wear it until the 11th, then place it by a grave or memorial.

Thats an excellent idea. Hadnt heard that one. Thanks. [theyre not having the one attached to the grill of the landy though!]

Today, being the 11th, is the last day for wearing the poppy. According to the memo I got; other conventions may apply, but this one makes sense to me.

Claudiasboris

Thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE