1 litre water carrier?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 11, 2009
cornwall
Evening all,
I cant see this being asked recently, so, wgat is regarded as the best steel water bottle that you can use to heat water in as well as carry water?
I was going to buy the bushcraft store one, but its lid is rubber/ plastic so no use over an open flame.
Any suggestions please?

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I think it is the Nalgene bottle with straight wall. Lixada offers a nesting 750 ml steel mug with bail and butterfly handles.

Kidney shaped dishes are generally the better idea though if you intend to put it into your rucksack. They simply fit better into outer pockets.

Reactions: the mole trapper

MrGrumpy

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 15, 2022
Uk
Evening all,
I cant see this being asked recently, so, wgat is regarded as the best steel water bottle that you can use to heat water in as well as carry water?
I was going to buy the bushcraft store one, but its lid is rubber/ plastic so no use over an open flame.
Any suggestions please?
Why would the plastic lid be an issue as you don't want the lid on whilst over the fire.

Reactions: tree beard

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I think you will find that all lids that seal will have some kind of plastic to do the sealing.

if you can bulk up an order to over £135 you could look at the Vargo BOT.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Carve a toggle and secure with cordage. Insert toggle and pull back to lock on shoulder of bottle. Hang over fire.
OR buy a fisherman’s mouth spreader for removing hooks and same idea.

Reactions: tree beard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE