£30 Snow shoes anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've used a pair in the past. I keep them in the van over winter for emergencies now.

They give a reasonable float but be aware that they are not hinged so they tend to flick loose snow up the back of your legs.

No problem if you are wearing waterproof strides or if it's cold enough to be dry.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
My main users are a cheap pair of Decathlon jobbies.

big_800PX_67493866.jpg

Like these but less luminous.

Traditional_Snowshoes.jpg

I also have these but I haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I've used these in Norway with the army, in Sweden on a survival course and in Finland for leisure....I agree with Gary that they are pretty good for slow tramping about in and having used the same but without the ice grips these are the better ones. There are, however, much more comfortable, lightweight and higher performing civvie ones out there if you're going to use snowshoes a lot. Having said that, I do own a pair of these as a bombproof "might need again sometime" set of spares that go into my truck in cold weather or on ski trips :)

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I also use the decathlon ones and thay are good for what we do,wood prep,trexing and thay pack down well thay are not to dear to buy,But i allways let someone with biger snow shoes brake trail if in very deep snow.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
I've 2 pairs of those British military shoes for me n the wife for getting to the car at the top of our track when snowed in, used them last winter, worked fine on the soft stuff and the wind swept icy hardened stuff. Could have done with them the previous year tbh with the drifts around our way....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE