£250 survival knife...

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I should mention, I own both a BM Puukko 200 and a Magnacut M4, and both required the edge to be ground back to a lower angle (I convexed them) in order to cut wood. So, in addition to the knife you should budget for some suitable sharpening gear. Black, blue and red DMT hones or equivalent.

Got my M4 in Maganacut convexed, just back from Longstrider. Lionsteel give you a lot of knife for the money, and they know how to make and design them.

Before.

IMG_5333.jpeg

After.

IMG_5396.jpeg

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Please explain. How is pointing at a Rokka in N690 related to Benchmade discontinuation of their Puukko 200 or remaining stock of their Leuku 202 at Heinnie?
If you are suggesting the Rokka to Mugen, you should reply to one of his posts rather than mine. Given the steels under discussion, how do you find N690 compares?

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
The way I think it is irrelevant who said but relevant what is said.
Therefore the "Puukko was discontinued....buuuutttt...." was perfect for letting know there is a similar puukko to the Benchmade one.
Perhaps my way of thinking is a bit abstract...?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
The way I think it is irrelevant who said but relevant what is said.
Therefore the "Puukko was discontinued....buuuutttt...." was perfect for letting know there is a similar puukko to the Benchmade one.
Perhaps my way of thinking is a bit abstract...?
You call it abstract, I call it unclear. I was certainly puzzled.

Bare link bombing is rarely good communication, but doing so as a Reply to a specific person implies you are addressing that particular person. That is how other people will read it. Its like turning to face someone, giving eye contact and using their name when speaking.

It would have been clearer if you had posted your link without a Reply and added some words suggesting the OP look at the Rokka as an alternative to the BM 200.

Still, in your experience how does N690 compare to 3V, Elmax or Magnacut? This thread is interesting because the OP has listed three very different shape knives, based upon the steels they are available in. This is in contrast to what we often see where someone is looking for a style of knife and the steel is secondary at most. The Rokka might be a puukko, like the BM 200, but the OP's looking at the F1X shows it isn't the puukko style particularly that is of interest. I am not really familiar with N690, just what I have read that it is similar to VG10, which is okay, but maybe not in the same crowd as 3V and Elmax.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE