Folding handle pan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I have an old crepe pan that I've used for years, it's beautifully seasoned now.
Packing the pan was always a bit of a niggle, because of the handle catching on other bits of kit, and I don't like attatching kit to the outside of my pack.
So I decided to make the handle foldable. Using an angle grinder I cut the handle half the length of the 35mm flap hinge I used, and drilled out for six small nuts and bolts. A very easy mod and the pan is far more packable.
I also added a couple of brass rings to the handle so that I could extend it with a small branch should I need to.

IMG_1059.JPGIMG_1061.JPGIMG_1062.JPGIMG_1064.JPGIMG_1065.JPGIMG_1066.JPG

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I cut most of the handle off, leaving a bare minimum of a stub which needs to be handled with a glove or cloth. Not ideal, but the pan is the right size and shape for cooking and packing, unlike the folding handle models i already have. It made me understand what the socket was for on the "Gilwell" canteen pan I had as as a teenager.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have an old crepe pan that I've used for years, it's beautifully seasoned now.
Packing the pan was always a bit of a niggle, because of the handle catching on other bits of kit, and I don't like attatching kit to the outside of my pack.
So I decided to make the handle foldable. Using an angle grinder I cut the handle half the length of the 35mm flap hinge I used, and drilled out for six small nuts and bolts. A very easy mod and the pan is far more packable.
I also added a couple of brass rings to the handle so that I could extend it with a small branch should I need to.

View attachment 86388View attachment 86389View attachment 86391View attachment 86392View attachment 86393View attachment 86394

Now that's tidily done, and practical :D

Reactions: crosslandkelly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE