Working weekend 24/25 Nov

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
We are having a working weekend and cold weather camping do at our Farm site in Kent, over the weekend of the 24/25th Nov.
The plan is to start work on two winter projects. A roundhouse and a composting toilet. As such we will be clearing ground, leveling and installing about 30 odd posts :D Anyone who wants to come and join us please feel welcome. There are hammock locations as well as tent locations if you wish to join us overnight. Contact me or Mafro by PM for directions.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Gotta ask; what's a roundhouse? My image is that of the railroad roundhouses used to turn locomotive and trains around. But I know that's not what you're talking about.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Gotta ask; what's a roundhouse? My image is that of the railroad roundhouses used to turn locomotive and trains around. But I know that's not what you're talking about.

Its a round building made with poles. Ours will be basic at first, using tarps as walls and roof, but will be added to and improved with time and available resources. Used extensivly by the Saxons and other ancient Britons. It makes a good woodland classroom, which is what ours will become, that and a camping barn ;)

ACF2F.jpg

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I spent an impromptu night in a roundhouse once, it was one of those experiences that I'll cherish forever. I'd love to be involved in the building of one, a big tick on the "bucket list". I have no idea at the moment if I'd be able to make it down for that weekend but if I can then I'll certainly be in touch. Whether I make it down or not I sincerely hope the project goes well.

Cheers,

Stuart

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
As I said above Stuart, its one of my long term on going projects. This first stage will be just to clear the ground and hopefully get the first posts in to form the wall. There will be other opportunities and work weekends. In the future i hope to organise a hurdle making workshop to make proper walls rather then the initial tarps walls.

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Can't do this weekend, working again. But will keep looking for further dates. I am sometimes free during the week if any good,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE