Two new toys - Tomahawk and knife!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yeeeaaap!

Picked up the knife last weekend when I was in Newport for £5! Don't have a Clas Ohlson near me so I new I'd come out with atleast one new thing. Came out with two actually, my brother wanted one aswell! :eek:

And the tomahawk arrived this morning! So with a camera on it's last bar and being waaay to lazy to charge it and make a fuss I figured a quick snap now and a full w.i.p mod' thread on this hawk a little later in the week when I have time!

The knife is a Mora 511, simualr to the discontinued 510 but with a finger guard and I believe a thinner blade. I know it's thinner than my 510 (green handled one) and for £5 it's a steal! Came razor sharp, clean and ready for work! Doubt I'll do naything with this one as it's simply not needing it!

The tomahawk is a Cold steel spike hawk! Anyone who knows their hawks will understand these come ready for a rework! lol, perfectly servicable otb but only truly lovable once tidied up and personalised. So, for £37 I have a winter project awaiting me! :D

Those of you interested, this is what'll be doing to it to start with..

Then I'll tackle the paint, finish and handle etc etc etc!

Anyway, I'm sure you appreciate me showing off my new toys. ;)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Why didn't you get the Frontier and save yourself some work?

Glad you asked that! ;)

Look at the underside of the blade, right where you'd choke up when carving. Only the spike hawk can be done 'comfortably' due to the other models pipe,frontier etc (not trail hawk though) having a square block of steel in the way! The neck of the steel that holds in the haft is more attractive also.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Glad you asked that! ;)

Look at the underside of the blade, right where you'd choke up when carving. Only the spike hawk can be done 'comfortably' due to the other models pipe,frontier etc (not trail hawk though) having a square block of steel in the way! The neck of the steel that holds in the haft is more attractive also.

Ah fair play :)

You could reshape that block on the Frontier I suppose but you wouldn't get the detail on the lug

Looking forward to seeing the pics when it's done

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE