Thetford Forest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Atomic Bimbler

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2006
Cheshunt, Herts
twitter.com
Hello

Looking for somewhere to go for a few days bimble this weekend, maybe practice some bushy skills.

Anyone been to Theford forest, would this be suitable if very discrete.

Any other Ideas, I live in Hertfordshire and don't want to drive more than 2 hrs to get to where ever

Thanks
:You_Rock_

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've slept in Thetford Forest over night. I had to get up halfway through as it was my turn for guard duties though! It is one of the many training areas I tramped around when in the forces.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Ive been to Thetford to visit for the day it seemed a nice place. The bonus was seeing John and Val lord 10 mins up the road, doing a flint knapping demo. So I had two breaks on my way home from suffolk coast.

Atomic Bimbler

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2006
Cheshunt, Herts
twitter.com
Sounds promising, think I will give it a go.

Any tips on nice locations would always b appreciated. Think this will b my last bimble with my mate from Oz before he goes home for a year :( so want it to b a good 1

robwolf

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2008
thetford norfolk
its a great place to camp out , i go there very often to do bc but the forestry com are doing a lott of tree felling at the moment dont worry about the squaddies as they spend most of there time behind the fences and they are sign posted so you know not to go in there .rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE