SWAP/TRADE: Lots of King Alfred's cakes (Daldinia concentrica)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
I collected a large carrier bag of King Alfred's Cakes (Daldinia concentrica) last autumn (Only picked 1/4 of what was there, tons left!). They are now nice and dry - in various sizes from 1" up to 4" and many broken bits.

I was going to save more up for a BBQ in the woods which I might still do, but thought there may be members here that could utilise some.

Looking for trades of various things:

Handleless blades (to have a go at handling myself and practicing sharpening)
Whittling knives/spoon/crook knives - handled or not, old or new.
Spruce root cordage (fresh or dried) or any other root cordage.
Birch bark (large squares/rectangles or long strips)
Long lengths of Paracord (doesn't need to be 550) for tying tarps/hammocks down.
Long strips of velcro.
Metal files (For sharpening/re-profiling a small axe)
There are probably a few other things I'd like aswell, so feel free to make an offer in thread or by PM.

Happy to sell (via paypal) for a few quids. Postage will be charged at cost (depends on how many pieces you want)

Sample shot:
img0659rf.jpg

Broken bits:
img0661ah.jpg

Cross section of a larger piece:
img0663zd.jpg

Happy to answer any questions etc...

Last edited:

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Im trying to become a bit of a bushcraft pyromaniac at the mo, so im more than willing to buy a couple off you if that's ok?

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Yep, sure. Although I think I'd rather trade these for other things, have you found anything interesting on your travels? Have an excess of something?

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Not really bud. I'm still relatively new to this. I can make paracord bracelets and lanyards if you want some, of a better design than the usual Solomon or king cobra kind, but other than that, I only have cold hard cash to offer :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE