some of my kit for sweden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I thought the pictures of the norway artic trip put up were very inspiring, and it made me want to share with everyone some of my projects ive ben working on. Some things i have made and some things i have addapted to my personal taste and needs, most of the ideas i have had came from just looking at photos on the forum so hears some of mine for you.my bushcraft 012.jpgmy bushcraft 013.jpgmy bushcraft 014.jpgmy bushcraft 015.jpgmy bushcraft 017.jpgmy bushcraft 018.jpg I will try to find time to post more of my artic kit pictures. Has any one else got any pictures of ther artic kit to share.;) ...my bushcraft 011.jpgmy bushcraft 020.jpgThis is a collaspable water bottle i have covered with wool blanket it will be kept in my clothing to stop it freezing.my bushcraft 021.jpgmy bushcraft 020.jpgThese are the badges we had made for the trip.

Last edited:

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Superb ! That sheepskin should be really cosy. Lovin the goggles too, I'll just bring my old (modern) ski goggles. My inspiration has been the swedish army survival and winter manuals, I've ended up with a fair bit of swedish milsurp which seems good and is pretty cheap. Lights gone for pics now, but will try and post some tomoz.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Thank you guys look forward to seeing you photos Andy. Nice smock Dave is it the american army one. I dont know what my ruff is i think its mink i will keep my eye open for a fox scarf. i think fox will be better and suit me more. Ive added a front view of my swiddish smock to my pictures as i forgot to do it on my first post.:confused: ...

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
Them gloves look great and really warm and so does the bottle pouch you wouldnt think they were a coat from the charity shop excellent work again and look forward to seeing your pulk , the papier mache tray also looks well .

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Those mitts look good.

I've just got to stitch the fur ruff to my snow smock and it should be complete. I'd like to add a chest pocket too at some point in the future.

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Right here we go, nobody else here to hold the camera so no pics of me looning I'm afraid ! Smock pics show the following mods:

Hood reduced in size by taking 3 inches off the top
Volume reducer added at back
Fastener added at chin
Strap added to secure hood when rolled up
Elastic added across rear of waist
Barrel locks added to drawstrings
Full-length two-way YKK zip added to front to make entry/exit a bit easier and quicker
10" zip added to front, originally it was purely for ventilation and easier access to pockets on garment underneath, but I'm now thinking I'll stitch a breast pocket into the smock
Press studs added at cuffs to make 'em snug enough to easily slip inside the mittens
Union jack added, used my best blanket stitch !

Belt kit is simple enough, I found one of those nice old swedish belts for £9.50, big enough to go round whatever garments I may be wearing. Made up a couple of hanging loops using 58 pattern clips, they work surprisingly well, not fiddly at all. Snow brush is US mountain troops, a very kind Ebayer sent me it for free after I'd messaged him about a previous listing.

Still waiting for some stuff to land. I won one of those Swiss Army folding candle lanterns off Ebay. Thanks to Bilmo for the heads up on those, soon as I saw one I knew I had to have it. I got some Liljeholmens stearin candles from Clas Olson. Does anyone know if there's any issue taking wax candles on a plane, given they could possibly be mistaken for sticks of explosive ?

smock_front.jpgsmock_back.jpgsmock_hood.jpgsmock_top.jpgbeltkit.jpg

udamiano

On a new journey
All looking fantastic guys. Wayland and myself fly out on the 25th. so just over a week to go. :camping:

Had to get some replacement snowshoes as mine had broken along a weld, and frankly needed replacing anyway, So just waiting on them to arrive; Everything else is all sorted and just needs the dreaded packing. Ill post some piccies, when my trusted picture taker arrives home :cool:

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Thanks for the nice feed back everyone. Andy your smok is clearly ready for action no wind is geting thru your modifications nice work. Theres not long now until the big adventure, only one week to go for some of us. Not long at all to get everything ready, look forward to seeing more of your artic kit pictures.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I thought the pictures of the norway artic trip put up were very inspiring, and it made me want to share with everyone some of my projects ive ben working on. Some things i have made and some things i have addapted to my personal taste and needs, most of the ideas i have had came from just looking at photos on the forum so hears some of mine for you.View attachment 14487View attachment 14491View attachment 14492View attachment 14493View attachment 14494View attachment 14495 I will try to find time to post more of my artic kit pictures. Has any one else got any pictures of ther artic kit to share.;) ...View attachment 14535View attachment 14908This is a collaspable water bottle i have covered with wool blanket it will be kept in my clothing to stop it freezing.View attachment 15002View attachment 15003These are the badges we had made for the trip.
Just a little update

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Like that water bottle cover, I'd seen those bottles but need put off 'cos they look too modern, your solution is perfect. Loving the badges, maybe if I send you an SAE you can pop mine in the post ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE