1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

red bull air race

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by jdlenton, Aug 31, 2006.

1. jdlenton

jdlenton Full Member

i have a car ticket for the red bull air race at Longleat for saturday that a colleague of mine can no longer use. its for one vehicle so you can get as many people in as the law allows your vehicle to carry.

i've been wanting to see one of these air races for a long time they are supposed to be superb and the long leat estate will make a great setting

now i know this clashes with the wilderness gathering but if anyone would like to make me an offer for it that would be great orgional ticket price was £35

it would really need to go out next day today
    make me an offer.
    thanks James

2. andyn

andyn Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Would love to go mate, but as you say its the Wilderness Gathering....but bearing in mind that Longleat is right next to the site of the Wilderness Gathering I wonder if we will get to see some of the planes flying around. :D

3. Rod

Rod New Member

J,

already sorted for the Air Race - sorry mate

4. scanker

scanker Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

I'll be at the air race too. I did notice tickets were selling well on Ebay although obviously time's running down now.

5. scanker

Grrrr. Wish I'd gone to the wilderness gathering. :(

6. falling rain

falling rain Native

It was cancelled I hear :( A lady at my work went and said it took her 4 hours to get out of there.................and she didn't even see the show because it was cancelled........................Still look on the bright side. It took me 8 hours.....yes 8 hours to get out of Glastonbury festival last year and it was a roasting hot day :(

7. scanker

3¼ hrs from Lyme Regis, a journey that's normally a little over an hour. We spoke to someone who'd left Norfolk at 5am and got there at 2pm. That was bad, but worse for me was the stewarding and crowd control inside. I won't be attempting to go again.

8. falling rain

falling rain Native

Nightmare :eek: I feel for you mate.

9. jdlenton

jdlenton Full Member

not good at all i'm so glad my wife didn't sign my pass (but I'm not tell her)

10. scanker

The people who'll be laughing are those that sold tickets on ebay for double face value, they'll be getting a bonus refund too! :D

11. Rod

Rod New Member

Six hours to get there and six to get home :censored: . Anyone with anymore smart alec comments will be tracked down :borgsmile . God, I was brassed off!

12. Jamie

Jamie Full Member

shame the organisers didnt learn from last year as it seems like it was just as bad. dont blame anyone from being a tad ticced off!!

i caught some of the race on tv...was quite something to watch, but i couldnt see any spectators at all as the cameras followed the aircraft around....were they ALL still in a queue waiting to get in or were they so far off (for safety reasons) that they had to watch on a big screen?

13. scanker

I guess they were showing the qualifying from the previous day. There was no flying at all on the day of the race. Race positions were allocated based on qualification.

14. falling rain

falling rain Native

:lmao: :lmao: I really do feel for everyone. one of my absolute pet hates are traffic jams and putting the cover back on the quilt after washing it. :( I nearly abandoned my car at Glastonbury............ 8 chuffing hours sitting in my car in the roasting heat :togo: I nearly went to the train station and left my car to rot where it stood.......................majorly hacked off does not describe it well enough. :(