Pants!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Atomic Bimbler

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2006
Cheshunt, Herts
twitter.com
Hello

What a fantastic forum!

I have read with great intrest the many discussions about Ventile verses Gortex, Natural fibres verses synthetics or what is the best bag.

What we realy need to clear up is WHAT ARE THE BEST PANTS FOR BUSHCRAFT?

I generally find that my bush adventures start with a long walk, getting wet, so I like longer legged shorts to prevent chafing. I came across the snugpak 2nd skins shorts. The seemed as if they would tick all the boxes - Long and dry quickly. BUT they are soooooo hot.

Any suggestions would be apprieciated. (must come in xxl I am fat):D

Atomic Bimbler

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2006
Cheshunt, Herts
twitter.com
Thanks Humpback

I have a pair of tilley pants. There sizes are a bit on the large size, which in one respect is great as they become a true survival tool. With not too much modification they can be transformed into a parachute, boat, shelter or hammock:lmao:

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

I generally find that my bush adventures start with a long walk, getting wet, so I like longer legged shorts to prevent chafing. I came across the snugpak 2nd skins shorts. The seemed as if they would tick all the boxes - Long and dry quickly. BUT they are soooooo hot.

Do you mean shorts or underpants...if its shorts i have had a pair of crag hoppers for years they are comfortable, quick drying and tough with zip off legs that still work I also have a pair of bush ranger shorts which are just as good if not better in some ways...underpants cotton,

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What ever I pull out if my draw first in the morning usually for me, I didn`t even realise there were outdoor keks on the market. :dunno:

Apart from silk ones which I knew you could wear all week long without them walking home themselves :bluThinki :theyareon

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
Smartwool merino boxers for me, expensive but after four days of constant wear it was worth it (mainly for everyone else :eek: )

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Hello

What a fantastic forum!

I have read with great intrest the many discussions about Ventile verses Gortex, Natural fibres verses synthetics or what is the best bag.

Any suggestions would be apprieciated. (must come in xxl I am fat):D
Haha I think I have taken an instant like to you :)
Good luck on your pantquest.

Crikey, we're on thin ice here. This subject made people leave the forum last year.
Really?? I missed that. Pushed over the edge by pants...

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Haha I think I have taken an instant like to you :)
Good luck on your pantquest.

Really?? I missed that. Pushed over the edge by pants...

Pushed over the edge by pants that made me laugh Jodie pants are great arn't they always good for an argument. The amount of times I have fallen out with people because of pants.........I tell you....seriously though.....na can't think of anything useful to say..D:lmao:

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
What ya need is some fleece lined craghoppers :D £39.99 but worth it have 2 zips below the knee and above the knee

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
What ya need is some fleece lined craghoppers :D £39.99 but worth it have 2 zips below the knee and above the knee

Sounds a little, ahem, sweaty to me :tapedshut
Have been using Lowe alpine dryflo shorts and found them really good, no chafing at all. But i think i'll try some merino job's this winter as i'm a total convert to merino tops. £15 a pair is a bit steep though, but it's good to feel rich every once and a while :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE