New Camera = New Photos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Hey guys,

I recently found myself in the position to get myself a better camera than my previous Fujifilm SL240 Bridge. Shopping around for a fair while, I decided on a Lumix LX7 for the price I could grab one at, and the quality of the specs. It seem I've made a good choice, although hopefully pictures in the months and years to come may show me otherwise. For now, it'll do. I've just started up a Flickr account as well for all the pictures I have, regardless of what camera they were taken with. I hope they will meet your high standards. Any tips and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Constructive of course :p

Un-ID'd Shroom No. 1 by Matthew Mutch, on Flickr

Turkey Tail - Trametes Versicolour by Matthew Mutch, on Flickr

Fletcher Moss Park No.3 by Matthew Mutch, on Flickr

Sheathed Woodtuft - Kuehneromyces mutabilis by Matthew Mutch, on Flickr

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Well thats a good start and a nice choice of camera. A high end compact like that has great potential. I have an Olympus ZX-1 which is a similiar type of camera and I love it (Ihave other cameras too).

All of the shots are in focus and sharp with nice colours I like them. I suggest you take lots of shots to learn what the camera can and cannot do.

Here is a 60 second shot taken with my XZ-1 at Kielder in January shot in RAW and processed in photoshop.

Wintercamp 2014 at night 1 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Last edited:

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Thanks very much guys. Trying to get it out and about as much as possible, with almost all my shots taken with manual. I'm beginning to see why having so much control has such appeal!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE