Hipolito H-502

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
My dad has taken to handing down his old hunting and fishing gear of late (in advance of downsizing and spending the inheritance...lol) and he's been kind enough to pass onto me; a Tilley X246B and a Hipolito H-502. The Tilley has never been used as it was given to by old man by one of his fishing friends as it was without a glass (but boxed!?). It's a straightforward job to bring the Tilley up to spec, but the Hipolito is way worse than thought. I remember us using the Hipo in the early eighties on the coast around Sheringham all the way to Dunwich when the cod were in, and I think the last time we fished for them was 1991, and the lamp has been stored since. The fuel gauge and cap are seized, there's spots or rust on the chrome (?) plating and I've no mantles. Any tips or advice from and Hipolito users that will help me get it running again?

Aside from the Petromax spares which are interchangeable, I understand, are there any Hipolito spares suppliers in the UK?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE