Gloves for the harsher tasks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi all. I'm in need of a pair of gloves for collecting wood, sawing and dealing with brambles etc. Being waterproof would be a bonus but not essential. Budget isn't massive, maybe £20 ish. I've got some nice warm gloves for sleeping in etc already. I had a pair of mechanix gloves that were OK but we're a bit thin and poor quality.

What do you use?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Welders gauntlets bud.
Sizes depend on producer.

Best get down builders merchants and try them on!😉
Best gloves for Blackthorn and such...
That hurts ...Hours later.

I'm not sure if the rose pruning ones are up to the job, but they're £12 from Amazon.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
Thanks mate, I've had a good look around and thought about those and the standard builders gloves but you don't get the dexterity with them. Yes I'm very fussy!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Common brand here in the village is "Watson." All kinds to pick from, lots of farms and ranches around.
I always look for the ones with a cloth lining. Ropers usually fit the best (deerskin) but the bare leather is so cold.
Might be some rawhide that are thorn proof (yeah, right) but they're so stiff and clumsy trading for protection.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I found the mechanix gloves pretty rubbish tbh mines fell to bits and the synthetic palm cold when wet

I found the Helly Hansen work gloves very good they are the thinnest of them all and still retain dexterity, and you get insulated ones.

If if you want something thicker delta insulated work gloves from Ebay are well insulated and good quality leather, better leather than I've seen on most work gloves nowadays

if you want the cream of the crop Auclair hard rock miners are as good as gloves get

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Have a google for Tegera gloves; made in Sweden, they do a wide range to suit most purposes; best gloves I've ever worn and there's usually a deal to be had on them.

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Just had some Dickies 'Drivers' lined leather work gloves which are tough also warm, just make sure you try a pair on to get the size right, as the fleece lining makes them a bit tighter, until the leather stretches anyway. £13.99 from Springfield's (no affiliation). Not tried any Mechanix yet, but hearing good things about them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
Pair of 12 quid leather gardening gloves from b&q Cream in colour. Well were. More black...brown...yellow now. Pair of 1 quid magic gloves as liners if it's cold.

nurvware

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2013
Wirral
The range do leather garden gloves for £9. Awesome for working with thorns, brambles and those spikey vines.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE