1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting some training

Discussion in 'Bushcraft and survival skills' started by Greg Stiles, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Greg Stiles

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and to bushcraft in general. I know going on a proper course isn't essential but i like the idea of learning the basic skills from a professional as a starting point. does anyone have any suggestions on where i could go? somewhere local to me in wakefield/sheffield/barnsley area?

thank you in advance

Greg

2. mick91

mick91 Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

3. The Ratcatcher

The Ratcatcher Full Member

If you can get across to Manchester, you could come along to the Greater Manchester Bushcraft Group meets. You'll be able to learn everything you need, and it won't cost any more than your travel and camp fees. We've already got members from South Yorkshire who come to our meets, so you won't be the only foreigner from the other side of the Pennines.

Alan

4. GGTBod

GGTBod Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

If you fancy travelling to Scotland Patrick McGlinchey is a great teacher at his Backwoods Survival School with a focus towards traditional skills with courses for anyone from the novice to the professional

5. Greg Stiles

thank you guys,
    I'd love to go up to scotland but it's a little out of my way at the moment. i was looking a little closer to home for the moment. the manchester group could be a good idea though. has anyone any experience with peak instruction? or howl bushcraft?