1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

bushcraft/utilikilts

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by jakunen, Jan 31, 2017.

1. jakunen

jakunen Native

I've got a utilikilt I use for the rare times I get to go out to the woods, but the apron is far too narrow.
    So, to any of you that wear them, are there any decent suppliers that make them with a decent size apron?:confused:

2. Toddy

Toddy Mod
    Mod

I haven't actually had my hands on one of these Jakunen, but if it's made like a wool kilt then there's a pleat at the side of the apron that's designed to be let out if necessary. It increases the width by about four inches in all.
    Might be worth a look ?

M

3. jakunen

jakunen Native

These are generally a cotton material (denim or similar), and didn't notice a 'let out pleat' on mine, but will take a look... Cheers.

4. Toddy

Toddy Mod
    Mod

If it's not there (usually partially under the edge of the apron) then it might be possible to let out the first pleat anyway. You'd need to unpick any waistband and maybe add on a leather 'tab' (if you can't find matching fabic) at the end to cover any extra width. It won't make the waist wider since it'd still be buckled to fit at both sides anyway, it would just widen the fronts.

M

5. jakunen

jakunen Native

Will give that a try. Cheers.