1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Bulova watches..

Discussion in 'Brights, Gizmo's & toys' started by johnbaz, Aug 15, 2017.

1. johnbaz

johnbaz Nomad

Hi all

I recently traded a coyuple of my vintage Seiko watches for a couple big Bulova watches, I let a 6139 'White Helmet' mechanical chronograph and a Seiko Wolrd time go in trade and am as happy as Larry!!

300 metres rated Precisionist, The second hand has a continuous sweep like the old Accutrons..

[​IMG]

The Accutron 2 'Lobster'

[​IMG]

Both watches came with bracelets that were a little too tight, I posted on The Watch forum and was offered foc spare links!!

The Lobster is back on the Bulova mesh bracelet..

[​IMG]

This is the World Time that I traded for the Precisionist..

[​IMG]

And the White Helmet that I traded for the Lobster..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have to say, I love the Bulova range of watches and I reckon i'll be adding a few more to the collection!!

John

2. mikehill

mikehill Full Member

Love that Lobster ! Never thought of collecting Bulova's as I know they used to be great quality years ago but seemed to cheapen later. How old are yours, and what dia is the Lobster ?

3. Tonyuk

Tonyuk Settler

Very nice, i've been after one of these for a few years but haven't bought one yet;

[​IMG]

Tonyuk

4. johnbaz

johnbaz Nomad

Hi Mike

The Lobster is around 45, 50mm with the crown, Top to bottom is around 52mm, Lug spacings are 22mm..

The Precisionist is 46mm, around 49.5mm with crown..

Not sure how old the Lobster is but the warrenty with the Precisionist says 9/2/12..

I also have a fancy lugged manual wind and an Accutron from 1972, I recently bought an Accucel for it as it gained time with the 1.5v cells, The accucell has a small printed circuit that drops the voltage to 1.35v that these watches were designed to run on but the hands refuse to movewith the cell in (Second hand goes but not hour & minute!), I think a service is in order along with a recalibration to run on 1.5 modern cells!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The older (1955) Fancy lugged watch..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

John :)

5. mikehill

mikehill Full Member

Ahh, they're a bit too big for my skinny wrists John. I prefer 38-40mm but very nice they are :) The best watch I had that fitted me perfect was a co-axial Seamaster but the mid size version, sold it because I was too frightened to scratch it though ;) Nowaday an Eco Drive diver suffices but I'm always on the lookout.

6. Klenchblaize

Klenchblaize Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Bought my wife one of these back in the early 90's:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the original triangular/domed glass fell out and although we had a new one made its not a nice.

K

7. Janne

Janne M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)

Xxxxxxxxxxxx.

#7 Janne, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017