Bulova watches..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi all

I recently traded a coyuple of my vintage Seiko watches for a couple big Bulova watches, I let a 6139 'White Helmet' mechanical chronograph and a Seiko Wolrd time go in trade and am as happy as Larry!!

300 metres rated Precisionist, The second hand has a continuous sweep like the old Accutrons..

iHcV5kE.jpg

The Accutron 2 'Lobster'

8GuFwng.jpg

Both watches came with bracelets that were a little too tight, I posted on The Watch forum and was offered foc spare links!!

The Lobster is back on the Bulova mesh bracelet..

E9UWqOk.jpg

This is the World Time that I traded for the Precisionist..

o5j4V2B.jpg

And the White Helmet that I traded for the Lobster..

GKgBmaa.jpg

Kdpndoj.jpg

Have to say, I love the Bulova range of watches and I reckon i'll be adding a few more to the collection!!

John

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Love that Lobster ! Never thought of collecting Bulova's as I know they used to be great quality years ago but seemed to cheapen later. How old are yours, and what dia is the Lobster ?

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Love that Lobster ! Never thought of collecting Bulova's as I know they used to be great quality years ago but seemed to cheapen later. How old are yours, and what dia is the Lobster ?

Hi Mike

The Lobster is around 45, 50mm with the crown, Top to bottom is around 52mm, Lug spacings are 22mm..

The Precisionist is 46mm, around 49.5mm with crown..

Not sure how old the Lobster is but the warrenty with the Precisionist says 9/2/12..

I also have a fancy lugged manual wind and an Accutron from 1972, I recently bought an Accucel for it as it gained time with the 1.5v cells, The accucell has a small printed circuit that drops the voltage to 1.35v that these watches were designed to run on but the hands refuse to movewith the cell in (Second hand goes but not hour & minute!), I think a service is in order along with a recalibration to run on 1.5 modern cells!

vWA8g4O.jpg

dYgYucB.jpg

eosnOAp.jpg

The older (1955) Fancy lugged watch..

zAc6b7F.jpg

ijEs9kz.jpg

John :)

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Ahh, they're a bit too big for my skinny wrists John. I prefer 38-40mm but very nice they are :) The best watch I had that fitted me perfect was a co-axial Seamaster but the mid size version, sold it because I was too frightened to scratch it though ;) Nowaday an Eco Drive diver suffices but I'm always on the lookout.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Bought my wife one of these back in the early 90's:

d7.jpg

Unfortunately the original triangular/domed glass fell out and although we had a new one made its not a nice.

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE