Buddy list - does it have a point?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I know this question has been asked before but it never came to a satisfactory conclusion.

What is the use of the buddy list?

The faq says it gives me quick access to my friends on the site by clicking on ''open buddy list'' in the ''quick links'' section of my nav bar. The problem is I don't have a buddy list option in the quick links section :confused:

I've added a few members to my list in the hope that it would give me quicker access when pm'ing them but all I seem to have created is list of friends that has no obvious purpose.

Am I doing something wrong or can someone shed some light on this?

Many thanks :)

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I have seen in a thread some where that you can have an 'ignore list' which at least 1 member of the forum uses(maybe everyone does and no-one will actually read this).the 'Buddies list' must be the forum antidote for peeps that would rather have friends than enemies.

.....I have no idea really.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I think the quick list has been disabled on the new forum for now
( used to have "mark forums read" in it etc).

I think the buddies list is useful if you want to start blocking people, since you can set an option in the "user cp" to "only receive PM's from Admins and Buddies".

I do add buddies to mine, but don't' really see a use for it yet.. apart from looking on the front page of the forum on the user list to see if anyone them are on ( puts a "+" on them i think)

Cheers
Carlo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE