Trangia Click stand as wood burner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Anyone tried using the click stand as a wood burner?

I realise it is only small and feeding the fire may be a problem

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
............ Point in that if i run out of fuel i can burn wood in a non open fire manner

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I doubt it'd work to be honest.
You're still basicly going to have an open fire, it'll just have the clickstand in it.
The design is great for a trangia burner, but for solid fuel, wholly unsuitable.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Interesting,

From the Click stand website

"MULTI-FUEL

The Clikstand system was designed specifically for alcohol burners, but it also works well with solid fuels and compatible gas burners. It can even be used as a firebox for small wood fires!

• Alcohol Fuel – renewable, clean burning, safe and easy to transport

• Solid Fuel Tablets – hexamine, Esbit®, etc., lightweight, efficient

• White Gas – high heat output, high efficiency

• Canister Gas – high heat output, high efficiency............etc etc"

I agree it is very small for this purpose!

Paradiddle

Jun 14, 2011
West Midlands
They probably said that just to add an extra feature to the product. They did says "small" wood fires. It must be for really small twigs. I'd say it's less than ideal.

Why don't you give it a try and see how it goes? I'd much rather use a wood gas stove or a honey stove.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
They probably said that just to add an extra feature to the product. They did says "small" wood fires. It must be for really small twigs. I'd say it's less than ideal.

Why don't you give it a try and see how it goes? I'd much rather use a wood gas stove or a honey stove.

Just wondered if anyone had done it, and wanted to learn from there experience/mistakes. incase as previously mentioned it warps etc

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Ive thought about it as i use one but dont reckon it'll work.
I just use a nimblewell type stove with the trangia burner in it for ease in day and a wood fire in the evening. Best of both worlds.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Ive thought about it as i use one but dont reckon it'll work.
I just use a nimblewell type stove with the trangia burner in it for ease in day and a wood fire in the evening. Best of both worlds.

Mmm might have to revisit the nimblewill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE