Snowalker's Companion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
It's a great book in my opinion.

I'm currently adapting one of the patterns in it to make an anorak and I'll probably make the Mukluks too.

Can't help you on the price other than saying do an author search because I think some of the editions had a slightly different title.

I was interested in making some mukluks as well, I am still interested in making snow shoes (2nd attempt - after which I may give in to buying a set :$ ) and hoping I can pull off the project I am working on.

I did find the book on Abe Books but it would have to be shipped from the States.

I recently got hold of Wildwood Wisdom and found that pretty good and useful, however it doesn't have much on snow shoes

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'll agree with everyone else; it is a good book. I think they may be up to a third edition, so check for that first. A quick look at amazon listed the first edition for only USD20, not too bad, and the latest one was not too expensive either.

The mukluks are nice, as are the mittens. Not tried the anorak yet, it is On My List.

Yes I noticed the US site is alot cheaper. On the UK one its £58 for a copy.

I couldnt see any other reasonable priced ones, cheapest version was £20 something.

Thanks Wayland. I may have a look into that book.

I'll agree with everyone else; it is a good book. I think they may be up to a third edition, so check for that first. A quick look at amazon listed the first edition for only USD20, not too bad, and the latest one was not too expensive either.

The mukluks are nice, as are the mittens. Not tried the anorak yet, it is On My List.

Do you have any pictures of what you guys have made?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Not yet, my anorak is still on the sewing machine at the moment. I've just run out of grey twist.

The design is slightly different from the Conover pattern. It's going to be reversible light grey canvas and military grade OG Ventile with a few of my own touches added.

Watch this space.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Best advice I can give is keep a look out all the time on amazon uk. I bought the book and it was new and under £20 the latest edition from amazon not a private seller

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE