less than an hour until i'm emasculated

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
just thought i'd share this, at 14.10 i'm up for the chop (under local anaesthetic, mmmm burning tubes!:eek:)
who else has had this delightful experience and were any of you ''volunteered'' by your spouses?

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Yep, I did. And I really volunteered, so she could stop poisoning herself with those birthcontrol pills.

No sweat, mate. You'll be in and out befor you know it and the aftermath doesn't have to be a problem either.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Yeap had it done on 14th Feb this year, how that for a valentines day present!
Wasn't to bad but was a bit painful for the 3 to 4 days. Feels like you have been kicked down there all the time. The worst bit was a mixture of the hair growing back and the stitches rubbing on your underwear.
I had a camp planned 2 weeks later and was fine for that.
Just waiting now till June when I can get confirmation alls blank :)

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
a minute of silence for a fallen brother

LOL...........Yeah another volunteer, had mine done 10 years ago now, At the doctor's surgery, wide awake aswell, Then straight into the pub across the road, Same here, i won't tell you the story till after:)

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Jamie,..

i can only comment on my own experience,....

it was nothing,..walked in, walked out within half an hour,...

had it done at 11am on a friday about 3 years ago,....i was "out on roadtest" (against all advice i might add) by 11pm the same day,....

it was friday tho and involved alcohol,..

in fact the most painful part was having my Prince Albert piercing sniggered at by two theatre nurses,...

altho the Doc did comment that he imagined a Vasectomy should be a cakewalk compared to having my "decoration installed" , (his words not mine)

Hope its goes,...(went) well dude,....

Stu

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah been there, had mine done about 20 years ago I hope things have mooved on since then.
Horrible expireence but everyone is different, good luck hope all goes well, better than mine anyway.

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
Ach your all scaring the poor boy!

My OH had it done about ten years ago, (volunteered himself fortunatly) apparently the only slightly worrying moment was when they brought in the two half bricks in case the power went off.

And there were no problems afterwards.

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I volunteered for mine as the wife did not have good experiences on giving birth.

Can't remember the local anaesthetic (but must have had it).

I can remember the iodine though. I had no stitches and was right as rain after a couple of days. I had heard stories of major bruising etc but I did not suffer with that that at all. I had it done on a Friday and was back in work on the Monday (on light duties).

Good luck dude hope yours was an easy op!!!!

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
Ach your all scaring the poor boy!

My OH had it done about ten years ago, (volunteered himself fortunatly) apparently the only slightly worrying moment was when they brought in the two half bricks in case the power went off.

And there were no problems afterwards.

Like it - That was the mother in-laws silent threat if I didn't go and get it done, she had already picked out the bricks!!

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
The most painful part is the bloody anaesthetic!!! holy crap did that make me jump. decided that we'd stop at two because my wife is only small and i think another child would see her sold for scrap ;)
i volunteered tbh, she did offer to hold my hand throughout but ended up having to sit down after seeing my flesh being poked and chopped :D
i actually sat up and watched i found it all quite fascinating.
you'll be black and blue for a bit and you'll walk like john wayne for maybe a week or two. you'll have the gonzo's for a while too.
other then that enjoy the itchy sensation of your pubic hair growing back in!

my only advice would be to relax for a couple of days afterwards and keep some co-codamol or similar to hand, also you may get some scar tissue form within the scrotum, don't freak out its not cancer or anything you'll get used to having some new lumps is all.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
well i'm back, took all of 10 minutes and boy are you right about the iodine :yikes: thought they'd dropped a kettle on me goolies :yikes:

surgeon was cool, ended up chatting about wild goats (as you do) throughout.

the local anaesthetic hasn't worn off yet but i think i've earnt some of mr artois's finest tonight :)

shall keep you posted on buising/swelling :eek:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
well i'm back, took all of 10 minutes and boy are you right about the iodine :yikes: thought they'd dropped a kettle on me goolies :yikes:

surgeon was cool, ended up chatting about wild goats (as you do) throughout.

the local anaesthetic hasn't worn off yet but i think i've earnt some of mr artois's finest tonight :)

shall keep you posted on buising/swelling :eek:

Definitely NO PICS please...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE