Can anyone recommend a scuba course in the South East?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Hi

I'm thinking of doing a scuba course. I'm not looking to get into it in any serious way, but it's one of those things I've always fancied having ago. It's cost prohibitive so I'm just investigating at the mo!

I know there are a few divers on here so I just wanted to see if any of you guys have any recommendations?

Cheers

Pib

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Hi

I'm thinking of doing a scuba course. I'm not looking to get into it in any serious way, but it's one of those things I've always fancied having ago. It's cost prohibitive so I'm just investigating at the mo!

I know there are a few divers on here so I just wanted to see if any of you guys have any recommendations?

Cheers

Pib

I'm afraid I can't help you find one as I'm in the South West, but I'd definitely encourage you to go for it - in my opinion it's worth the price - great fun even if you're learning in a swimming pool!
Theory lessons can be a bit tedious though if you're going for a qualification :eek:

gilly0802

Tenderfoot
if you can find a PADI center that does a "discover scuba diving (DSD)" you should be set

basicaly a short classroom based lesson teaching you the very basics, and then a shallow water dive straight after.

is how i got started and i am now PADI advanced open water qualified (authough admittedly i did mine in cyprus, but they should be available in every PADI dive center)

try searching PADI in google and the official site will point you in the right direction and give a better discription of the DSD course

Gilly

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Thanks for the info guys, the Discover Scuba Diving course sounds ideal for me. The links are great as well.

I've found a PADI group near to where I live, which I found bizarre as I work in a land locked New Town, :D. Just goes to show you I suppose.

Thanks again for the advice and encouragement.

Regards

P

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE