*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
The reason behind my thinking is this, someone puts up a swap and then has to change it 2 or 3 times in the hope someone will take it, well No!! if you don't want the swap fair enough do nothing, lets veer away from this practice of chop and change.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
I totally agree mate, there's someone out there that wants your jacket I was just bumping the thread so they can see it 😁

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
I can't believe no one wants an MTP shirt/jacket for free....I would've had it if it were my size (far too small for me!)

Thanks,
Allan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Then it was probably not a good idea to play?

Actually Mick is right.

There is no reason why he should offer anything else up, especially as he's already offered a torch which no one wanted either.

If people want the thread to move on then why not do what I and several others have done in the past when the thread has stalled and take one for the team and accept the gift that's on offer and put something new up.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
while I agree there should be no rush to change items as I have said so in the past many time, offering something no one wants will eventually kill this thread.

Getting all toys out the pram about it certainly makes me reluctant to kick start the thread again

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
while I agree there should be no rush to change items as I have said so in the past many time, offering something no one wants will eventually kill this thread.

Getting all toys out the pram about it certainly makes me reluctant to kick start the thread again

Im not throwing my toys out the pram matey I am making a point and a stand, as for kick starting the thread if you feel that reluctant move on.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Then lets hope not as the offer stands, im sick to death of people picking and choosing that was not the intention of the OP.

looks like throwing our your toys to me

doubt it was the op's intention for people to offer up stuff no one would want either?

people are hardly picking and choosing. who here doesn't own a half dozen torches already and offering a jacket that probably doesn't fit a good percentage of the crowed isn't helping your cause either.

If you can't hack the fact you offer isn't of interest maybe don't play then you wont run the risk of being caught with the dead ball, this was after all supposed to be a bit of fun

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I don't want to offend anyone, especially since although I have often perused this thread I've yet to be able to take advantage.

I think both Woodstock and Corso have a point.

I think previously some people have been too quick to voluntarily change an offer on display or maybe pressure another to do so. There are some members who only come online once a week or less, it wouldn't hurt to give some offers a chance at being taken.
However I also think that the thread in general is remarkably self regulating. It doesn't really matter how good or poor an item is, the worth of the item is to the person who wants it. If nobody wants an item that's put up then really it doesn't matter how good it is, it's worthless with regards this thread.
Also IMHO if the thread dies it will be the fault of the last person to post something up that nobody wanted... Not the people who didn't want the item on offer.

Best of luck.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE