Hand carved acorns.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I carved a few acorns out of some odds and ends of wood I had lying around and drilled holes im them so they can be used as light pulls in the bathroom. I then decided to use my soldering iron to do a bit of pyrography with what i think is amazing effect.

One in action!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Good plan and well executed. The pyro was the right thing to do. Looks like a good hard finish, too.
I have some full-room 3-speed ceiling fans with lights. Plus there's a fan reversing switch pull as well.
The dumb bunnies that design _all_ of them over here make all the pulls the same, so you cannot swiftly use the correct one.
The $500 fans are the same as the $200 fans. Maybe they ate too much rice.

Now to business: can you carve a set of 3, say acorn, walnut and ???? that I can buy? I expect to find different shapes in the dark (maybe that's a guy-thing).
I don't think that for the purpose intended, they don/t need to be life size. I don't want a cucumber, a potato and a leek, OK?
I wish I hadn't of said that.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I expect to find different shapes in the dark (maybe that's a guy-thing).
I don't think that for the purpose intended, they don/t need to be life size. I don't want a cucumber, a potato and a leek, OK?
I wish I hadn't of said that.
........😁😁

Last edited:

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Thanks for the nice comments guys! They are fun to do and can also be done in my lounge by the fire with the box on.

They look good - the detail on the cup makes them really life-like.

The little "peg" on the end is actually the hardest part as you are removing all the wood apart from that little bit!

Nice work Chris, and your first commission.

Cheers Colin and yes looks like I got a little project to do on these cold evenings. I can't do much in the man cave at the moment as it's all a mess due to me having to chain all my gardening equipment together on the floor as some of those lovely travelling folk broke in and stole a load! :(

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Awesome work there Chris, top notch! ��

Thanks Leshy. How are you getting on with your knife scales? I got nowhere so far apart from putting the bit of wood on the work bench lol. I have got myself a bench sander and just waiting for a pillar drill which I am hoping will make life easier for me. Wanted a table saw too so I can start with a square block but haven't got the funds at the moment.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Thanks Leshy. How are you getting on with your knife scales? I got nowhere so far apart from putting the bit of wood on the work bench lol. I have got myself a bench sander and just waiting for a pillar drill which I am hoping will make life easier for me. Wanted a table saw too so I can start with a square block but haven't got the funds at the moment.
Hello mate. 👍 Same as , got as far as deciding which wood and shape.
Too much going on at the moment , but I think February will be calmer so I'll get on it then...👍
I'm trying to get it all done by hand , no machines so to speak...
All the best mate, and good job ! Those acorns look the business 👍👍

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE