Any bikers here???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just joined, and saw this thread. Mine is a Honda ST1300, recently replaced an old BMW R100RT.

_DSC1721.jpg

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Who're you insured with?

Some scroat tried to knick my bike in November, ended up with a cracked windscreen and a scratched piece of trim (GS Adv) - three screws and two wing nuts to swap the two new parts! I got my bike back from Bennetts today, who I'm insured with. It's taken them nearly 6 weeks to carry out the repair and for that my bike has been somewhere around Heathrow!

Not impressed, can you recommend an alternative?

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Fair comment, you road warrior, you:)

To be fair, the Hyabusa is all about speed, even the name referring to a hawk whose favourite prey was the Blackbird, with the Honda Blackbird previously holding the road-bike record for top speed. Who said the Japanese had no sense of humour! To be honest, I do not have the skill to make use of the Hyabusa's performance, and have no intention of riding any bike at 186mph! And that's ignoring the new rear tyre every 3000 miles, chain maintenance etc. I've ridden the Ducati 998, for example, and whilst it is a lovely bike above 90mph, its a real pig below that. As with the Hyabusa, I can appreciate the engineering excellence that has gone into making it, but can't see the point in buying a bike for the road that can only be fully exploited on the racetrack.

I remember an article in on of the biking mags a while ago, where they surreptitiously put a recorder on a number of Yamaha R1s. Between services, it turned out that - over 95% of the time - the riders were only using 40bhp of the 140-odd BHP available!

However, each to his own, and the world would be a boring place if everyone liked the same thing!

186mph?? Get a 2001 model like mine and unrestricted oomph is at hand... no such gentleman's agreement back then between the big 4 makers.

As for power, you might not use the top speed much but it's nice to have there if you need to overtake something without changing gear in a hurry (or putting a gsxr 750 in its place!).

Comfy too if you're going fast enough.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
re opening post,it would appear that he meant motorcyclists,there's a big difference between them and bikers,in my experience bikers wear colors (if you dont know what that is you aint one! lol) or at least are official hang arounds.

Snooky

Nov 19, 2013
Tadley
I currently ride a Triumph Street triple, used to have a BMW 1150GS and might go back to a more adventure style again

March 2011 (1).jpg

Guzzi Goose

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2011
London
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gowersponger
iam a quad biker ,legal road quad, although I travel far into the woodlands on it . 300 cc I love it cheap to run and a lot of fun
Ooh - you're for it from some of our more "extreme" environmentalists:)

Guess I shoulden't mention my Green laner Honda CRM250 then

Phil B

Settler
Jan 28, 2006
Beverley, Yorkshire.
e3yqaput.jpg

My Fatbob. Now a 1690 (103"), exhaust valve and cat removed, cammed for about 25% more torque and hp.
Free flow cleaner and exhaust, remapped fuel.
Goes really rather well, but looks near stock.

Also I have a Suzuki Burgman 650. Love that thing. One amazing machine. More on board toys than Anne Summers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tappy thingy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE