Ammo box stove/heater

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

skids

Oct 19, 2012
Gloucestershire
Just finished making this
3aterama.jpg
7y5avata.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
That is very cool! What a great idea. If you get the chance could you put up some more photos with different angles? Really keen to see what you have done.
Russ

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Very interesting. Our local backstreet "pound shop" has a few smaller boxes for sale. Not for a pound, unfortunately. Might be worth consideration. Of course, I'm moving soon and supposed to be packing up, not acquiring new stuff and more projects. Hmmm.

Cheers,
Leif

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great job, that's come out a treat

Did you manage to find flue pipes to fit inside? That's hardest part with the DIY ones I've found

goodjob

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No mate, I might get a couple of the frontier stove flue pipes. Or just stick with tin cans lol

I'm trying to source some roll up shim for mine, I've got a couple of leads now so hopefully getting nearer to sorting something out

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
Stove looks good - how did you attach the first part of the flue pipe (beans can) please? Have you opened up the air holes too - roughly what size are they? Thanks Paul

skids

Oct 19, 2012
Gloucestershire
In the first video I attached the tin can by cutting slits about an inch deep and an inch apart. Then I inserted the can so the cuts are on the inside of the lid, then folded the slits up to secure onto the under side of the lid. Then I used fire cement to secure it in place. I hope this makes sense.

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
In the first video I attached the tin can by cutting slits about an inch deep and an inch apart. Then I inserted the can so the cuts are on the inside of the lid, then folded the slits up to secure onto the under side of the lid. Then I used fire cement to secure it in place. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you - have you kept the flue as the single tennis ball tube?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE